• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer CT-F950 Repair..

jleon92f

Addicted Member
Good Morning!

I had a Rare opportunity yesterday, I drove down to visit our fellow AKer in Tucson, RichP. I brought my sick CT-F950 for it's annual physical. As luck would have it the Dr was in. He opened her up and remove the Take up motor for inspection, I was watching this holding my breath at times as he disassembled the motor before my eyes. I was a nevous wreck watching the TINY parts being removed and being secured in a step by step process.

I lost track of the time and the motor was back together and in place, Phew, I felt better. RichP hooked up his test equipment to the Deck motor and away we went to buy some LP's at a local record store. When we returned the tape had finished side 1 and we continued to side 2. All the readings were excellent! after a time he put the cover on and we went back to playing the LP's we had purchased.

The motor had passed the 1st phase of testing. I now have the deck back here at home and she is singing like a bird in spring!

I had a great time watching the expert repair my sick motor, and listening to his AWESOME system!


Thanks for the experience RichP.

Happy New everyone!!

John.:music:
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Blue light specials are such cool decks :) BUT, they need the right touch to keep running. Glad you got yours fixed :)
 
Blue light specials are such cool decks :) BUT, they need the right touch to keep running. Glad you got yours fixed :)

Thanks, I like the lights too, and the features it has. When she is working she sounds great, you have to keep the tape path clean.

Happy New Year!:banana:

John:music:
 
rich put the fix on a 950 that had given me fits and cost me a ridiculous amount of money to get absolutely nowhere with it...i've been meaning to write up a post to the effect that the deck is still functioning superbly after at least a year and half or more since getting it back from him.
 
rich put the fix on a 950 that had given me fits and cost me a ridiculous amount of money to get absolutely nowhere with it...i've been meaning to write up a post to the effect that the deck is still functioning superbly after at least a year and half or more since getting it back from him.

Hi Shrinkboy,

RichP does do great work, he rebuilt a CT-F9191 completely, That works fantastic, and I have a PL-630 he went through, it sounds awesome. The man is meticulous in his work.

Enjoy your deck as I will mine.

Thanks,
John.:music:
 
Nice looking deck. Ive contacted RichP also about my sick PL-630. He said hes about 4+ months behind in work. Im hoping he will add me to the list. Sounds like he does great work. Ive been spoiled having Echowars so close by to work on my SX-1250s and Spec2. But sounds like there alot alike in that they want to do the best job posable.

Tim
 
Nice looking deck. Ive contacted RichP also about my sick PL-630. He said hes about 4+ months behind in work. Im hoping he will add me to the list. Sounds like he does great work. Ive been spoiled having Echowars so close by to work on my SX-1250s and Spec2. But sounds like there alot alike in that they want to do the best job posable.

Tim

There are still people who take great pride in there work, thank God for that.

I have an SX-850, bought it from a fellow down the road from me, very clean and works great.

Enjoy the Sounds.

John.:music:
 
Rich is one of the best when it comes to Pioneer, IMO. :yes: His excellent posts in the Pioneer forum on how to rebuild various Pioneer components like motors, transports, etc. are what got me into trying the Pioneer flouroscan/silver series equipment. :thmbsp: I'm a Nakamichi loyalist (note my screen name) when it comes to cassette decks but the Pioneer equipment is very nice too and becoming one of my favorites. I've rebuilt a couple of them already (CT-F850 and 900) and they get used daily. Still on the lookout for a CT-F1000 and a CT-F1250 at a price I'd be comfortable paying though. Patience will reward me someday, I'm sure.
 
Good to know...

I have a CT-F750 that I had serviced a while back and now it does not play worth the crap! If I lift on the cassette itself during play, it will play fine. However, if I let the cassette settle back down, it drags, flutters and stops. Kind of a shame as the unit is in (was in) GREAT condition.

Joey
 
Back
Top Bottom