• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer CT-M6R 6-cassette changer jammed

JRhoBurton

All roads lead to music
Hello, does anyone know this unit? I found one recently and got it to archive tapes from my wife's church to MP3. It was working perfectly until I inserted a cleaning tape I just received. The tape loaded in and the unit went ERR, tape won't come out. I think if I could get it out it might be back to normal.

The service manual is no help. It says nothing about the transport or loading mechanisms, nor about disassembly.

Cycling power is no help.

Thanks for any tips,

John
 
Register to hide this ad
you need to supply more information and pictures. does the tray come out,
if it doesn't then there's a stuck switch - open unit (remove cover).
tray comes out? cleaning tape visible, cannot remove (assuming it's a lift out?)

is tape cleaning cassette a bunch of levers with pads for fluids or a special
tape, if it's the latter is it wrapped around a capstan, roller, guide, or inside
the cassette's rollers, hubs, etc.

and can you stick a chopstick/pencil in through the side to unwind a tape or
to disengage.

IOW what's locking the cassette into the tray...
 
you need to supply more information and pictures. does the tray come out,
if it doesn't then there's a stuck switch - open unit (remove cover).
tray comes out? cleaning tape visible, cannot remove (assuming it's a lift out?)

is tape cleaning cassette a bunch of levers with pads for fluids or a special
tape, if it's the latter is it wrapped around a capstan, roller, guide, or inside
the cassette's rollers, hubs, etc.

and can you stick a chopstick/pencil in through the side to unwind a tape or
to disengage.

IOW what's locking the cassette into the tray...
I just figured out what the problem is. The cleaning tape is shipped with a little plastic piece to lock the hubs during transit. The instructions do not say to remove it and I did not notice it on the back side of the tape, so I did not remove it before loading. So the problem is, how do I get it out? At least I am making progress.

rps20180505_090205.jpg
 
It's fixed! I was able to coax the plastic piece out with small tools and we are up and running again. Thanks for your input, @Bob .
 
Back
Top Bottom