• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pioneer gods smiled on me today!

Life is full of surprises.
Went tonight to pick up a Pioneer RT-1020L reel to reel (which is good by itself).
Came back home with the following (drum roll please):

Pioneer RT-1020L
Pioneer SA-9500 II
Pioneer TX-9500 II
Pioneer SG-9500

Reel to reel works and looks like a champ! The rest is dirty, but everything works! :banana::banana:

All with original manuals. And I know: it worth nothing without pictures. I will post them after I clean all the stuff.

How did I do?:D
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
S W E E T!! Man, talk about being at the right place at the right time:thmbsp:
If you get feeling guilty about keeping all that neat gear, let me be the first to volunteer to take ANY of it off your hands!:yes:

Mike :D
 
You know what is the worst part of this story? My daughter goes to Duke University this year and I wouldn't be able to keep all this stuff. University bill is simply outrageous! So everything has to go...
 
Very nice grab.I thought Duke was like 50-70K a year.I don't see how $160 is going to make much of a dent in that.
 
Duke is 54K as of today. 160 doesn't make much of a difference, but selling price would be higher I guess. And couple hundred here, couple hundred there will make a difference. Sad, but true.
 
Last edited:
Congratulations on a heck of a score! :thmbsp:

Sad to hear it will have to go, though. Then again, you have your priorities right: daughters come first! :yes: Hope she appreciates the many small (and large) sacrifices you are making, and applies herself and does well at Duke. You must be proud that she got into such a fine school.

At least you will also undoubtedly be getting the gear into the hands of someone who will treasure and use it. In this kind of thing, audio gear, like matter itself, is not destroyed. It only changes hands... and one day, Karma will come full circle and you'll get something else at least as nice. In the meantime, enjoy its visit with you! :music:
 
Nice Score
Can I start the bidding off $170 there is a $10 profit for you.
Come on you new somebody was going to do this
 
I'll bid $54K if you throw in the daughter.

:yikes:

How inappropriate! :nono:

Moving right along, nice haul man.
 
The other day, I thought the YAMAHA gods might have smiled on me.

A posting came up in the local free online ads: Yamaha CR-2040. Opened it up: asking $60! My heart rate shot up as I quickly dialed. I was the first caller, he seemed surprised at the fast response to his ad. Very pleasant guy, I think he indicated that he was the original owner. I asked about setting up a time to see it, hopefully that evening. He said, "As soon as I can find it. I know it's around here somewhere. Tell you what, I have your number, I'll call you tomorrow once I dig it out." Nothing else to do but say "OK".

So he didn't call, and I had visions of a scam of some type, probably decided it was worth more than he'd been asking. Not wanting to act too anxious, I waited a couple of days and called again. He said his son told him the receiver had been stolen, along with other some other stuff. I think I can read people's voices pretty well, and I don't think he was making it up. Struck me as possibly a bit absent-minded, which fits the situation.

This one leaves lots of questions behind, but hey, no damage done. Oh yes, he was also selling a pair of Bose 901 IV (recently re-foamed) w equalizer for $60. But those were already gone. He said to call back, that he'd let someone take them somewhere to test them out, but he hadn't been paid yet. WTH? For $60, I certainly wouldn't allow off-site testing.

Interestingly, both ads remain.
 
Back
Top Bottom