• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer HPM-100b?

whathahell

Active Member
well, I had sworn off this hobby for a while, telling my wife I had enough of this stuff. She didn't really care either way. Then i see a local listing for some HPM-100 200 watt speakers and an Sx880. I think I got a good deal at 120 for both. the speakers need some work but look very clean.

funny thing is, recenttly i had been thinking to myself that if I bought any more gear it would be a pair of HPM-100's

the seller got them in 1978 in Italy when he was in the Navy and shipped them back on his submarine when he returned. Nice couple and they may have some other gear in a bit, they're moving south

The Squarish tweeters don;t produce much sound and the pots on the crossovers are noisy, those same tweeters come in and out when I jiggle the knob on the X-overs.

The grill frames are pretty good but lack the cloth. the speakers overall are very clean.

so, did I get a good deal? and.....is a diy fix difficult, is this known to happen?

I'll be moving the Cerwin Vega D-7's out soon

any help is appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
yeah. pretty cool that story. he said they were in a tube, I'm guessing a torpedo tube? along with everyone else's gear and goodies. The word was that if anything were to go bad they would jettison what was in the tube first..
 
In my opinion you got a good deal. Receiver and HPM 100's for 120 total? Even if you need to put some time into the speakers I think its a good deal.
 
turns out the super tweeters work fine as far as i can tell. they just aren't as forward as the other tweeters. subtle additional frequencies.

these sounds really good
 
Back
Top Bottom