• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

pioneer hpm-500

boom6342

New Member
hi all,
i just bought a pair of hpm-500's yesterday at a yard sale, the speakers are
in great shape except for the foam is gone on the woofers, the cones are
still in great shape, are these worth refoaming? will they sound as good as
my jbl L65's, L100's and 4311b's? i use an onkyo 6.1 surroud 110 wpc.

thanks for any opinions you have!
 
Register to hide this ad
worth refoaming? ummmmm.... send here to me !!!! yes they are!!!!!
will you like the sounds you prolly will. will they sound better than the ones you have? that i cannot answer. we all have our favorite speakers an sounds.
 
hey guys,
thanks for the info, i have another question, would it be an upgrade
if i used hpm-40 or hpm-60 woofers to replace the ones in the hpm-500?
will they fit ok?
thanks!
 
Yes the HPM40 or60 woofers will drop right in and they'll sound good.

You can refoam the 500's though. I did several 700's which are the same with good results. I got the surrounds from a fellow off of ebay. If you go this route, email me and I'll give you some pointers. If you don't want to refoam, I'd be interested in buying the woofers.
 
Back
Top Bottom