• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-10 issues

PioneerPoet

New Member
I am going to look at a Pioneer PL-10 someone is selling on Craigslist for $50 obo.

They described it as "Pioneer PL 10 Turntable 1975 with stylus plus 2 used stylus, orginal owners manual, Pioneer 45 adaptor, oiler bottle, warranty card and authorized service list. No cracks on dust cover. Motor works but turntable turns very slow or doesn't turn at all."

I bought a zerostat from this couple in the past. They had money to get things taken care of, but they did not do much (if any) personal maintenance, and I know they do not negotiate much. It's not a terrible price if all it needs is some re-greasing/lube. I'll be trying to talk them down to $30, probably gonna get it for $35-40.

What should I be looking for on this (based on the description) besides a bad belt, movement without the platter on, and any congealed grease.
 

Attachments

  • 00m0m_NYbd57PIXA_1200x900.jpg
    00m0m_NYbd57PIXA_1200x900.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 00808_d4FMrNsEi2H_1200x900.jpg
    00808_d4FMrNsEi2H_1200x900.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 21
  • 01010_c6mL2rWS8gP_1200x900.jpg
    01010_c6mL2rWS8gP_1200x900.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 19
Register to hide this ad
$30 is sort of insulting, but I guess they did say "obo", with all the extra's and needing a bit of care, it's well worth the $50.
 
$30 is sort of insulting, but I guess they did say "obo", with all the extra's and needing a bit of care, it's well worth the $50.
That's what I was thinking, but if I need a new cart or stylus, belt, and something else, I could be looking at putting $100 into it. I'll have $50 ready to go, but I need to look at it before I make an offer. That's why I'm here asking what else I should be looking for.
 
I have a direct drive, so I do not have to worry about belts.
I do not know anything about a PL-10
You are going to want to have a good cartridge for any TT
Maybe the cartridge is worth the $50 to begin with? make/Model?
 
Back
Top Bottom