• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-115D Turntable 60 Hz Capstan / Pulley

bwv1

Active Member
I have a PL-115D that has a 50 Hz capstan. I live in the USA so of course, I need to use a 60 Hz pulley instead.

Am I correct to assume that a 60 Hz pulley from most any 1970s Pioneer belt-drive turntable will work properly? Or in other words, are the 60 Hz Pioneer belt-drive pulleys pretty much the same?
 
Register to hide this ad
you can download the service manual from vinylengine. look at the schematics and parts list
to see whether there's a difference.

I have a pl115 and they are good and reliable.
 
I have a PL-115D that has a 50 Hz capstan. I live in the USA so of course, I need to use a 60 Hz pulley instead.

Am I correct to assume that a 60 Hz pulley from most any 1970s Pioneer belt-drive turntable will work properly? Or in other words, are the 60 Hz Pioneer belt-drive pulleys pretty much the same?

Forum sponsor organdonorparts has two for sale. :music:
http://organdonorparts.com/Pioneer-PL-115D-Turntable-Motor-Capstan-P023-48.htm

http://organdonorparts.com/Pioneer-PL-115D-Turntable-Motor-Pulley-P209-3.htm
 
Last edited:
Hello,
I have the opposite problem. Ordered a mint PL115d from the US to europe but forgot about the frequency issue.
@bwv1 did you just change the pulley and kept the same motor? If so, would you be willing to spare that 50 hz pulley?

Cheers
 
Back
Top Bottom