• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-41 Any thoughts

One for question does anyone know where to get headshell weights. I have tried mounting several cartridges in my PL-41 and none are heavy enough to zero balance the arm. I hav tried an AT-221EP, Sansui SX-40, and a sansui sc-80 and none of them have enough weight to zero balance. It seems like I need weights to add to the headshell. I have the original headshell and its heavy to begin with. The only other thing would be try another tonearm counterweight. Any ideas on what table from or where to get a lighter weight.

Stanton sells one.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanton-H4-S-Replacement-Headshell/dp/B0002E37KY
 
One for question does anyone know where to get headshell weights. I have tried mounting several cartridges in my PL-41 and none are heavy enough to zero balance the arm. I hav tried an AT-221EP, Sansui SX-40, and a sansui sc-80 and none of them have enough weight to zero balance. It seems like I need weights to add to the headshell. I have the original headshell and its heavy to begin with. The only other thing would be try another tonearm counterweight. Any ideas on what table from or where to get a lighter weight.


my advice will cost you a bit, but save a ton of hassle. Buy a Tonar generic headshell. It comes with 2 and 4g screw in weights. I forget where I bought mine, but several dealers carry them. Stanton makes a similar product, I believe......
 
Pop the platter off and put a few drops at the base of the spindle, wiggle it around.

If the platter has not been off in a while, it will take some effort. Pull straight up.

Thanks for the info.I need to pull the platter again anyway.I am not sure I cleaned the belt contact surfaces.
 
Back
Top Bottom