• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-44FS (New owner questions)

ant1cs

New Member
Hello! Bought a non-working unit and while I wait for the mail system I had a question or so for everyone about it. My understanding is that at a minimum the drawer isn’t operating at all. I’ve been looking through the service manual trying to get a head start on what might be wrong with it. It’s not jammed as the photos show it both open and closed so the seller probably manually pulled it in and out. From the manual it doesn’t seem like the drawer is belt driven although perhaps it runs off the main drive belt? I see there’s what looks like a pulley type of thing that moves the drawer - is it driven directly by a motor? Sorry for the vague questions. I’ll know more when I pop it open but would like to begin mental preparations for the repairs it will need. Thanks in advance!
 
Register to hide this ad
Check on Vinyl Engine to see if there is a service or parts manual.

Thanks. I do have the service manual I just can’t tell from that how the drawer is supposed to move, unless I either have the wrong document or missed it. I’ll check it again.
 
Back
Top Bottom