• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-518 Dust Cover Hinges

scorv

Active Member
Did anyone ever find out if the Sanyo Hinges [see below] fit the Pioneer PL-518 Dust cover??

I am in the same dilema...restoring a Pioneer PL-518 but not dust cover hinges....However I do have the brackets [which are screwed into the plinth].


Steve,

_________
What you're looking for seems to be identical to these for Sanyo turntables. Let me know if I can help out.
http://stores.ebay.com/vinylreclamation?_dmd=2&_nkw=sanyo+hinges
 
Register to hide this ad
Sanyo was built by CEC in Japan. They build a lot of Original Equipment Manufacture/Original Design Manufacture turntables with many brand names like Sanyo, Fisher, Realistic (Radio Shack/Tandy), Marantz and others. Pioneer as a rule built their own turntables and designed their own turntables. Fujiya Audio was another huge name in turntables rarely seen under their own brand name in Japanese turntables.
 
OK But do those hinges fit the Pl-518? I wonder Since it is hard to find original dist cover hinges and any substitute would be nice

Steve,
 
They look right but I can't tell if they have the reinforcement plate which were originally textured chrome. Without the plates to distribute the stress evenly, the force from the hinge springs would be directly concentrated on the screws against the plastic and the dust cover will crack. Need the reinforcing plates.

s-l1600.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom