• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-530 Tone Arm-No Automatic Return

KnE

Member
Hello, recently bought a Pioneer PL-530.
The tone arm will not go back to its home base automatically. It does not lift up from the record.
Was working fine until I removed the platter for cleaning.
Please help.


Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
There is a small brass pin on the underside of the platter near the spindle that clears a trip-arm until the tone-arm reaches the end of the record and the trip-arm pivots inward. Make sure the pin hasn't been broken or bent during cleaning.

IMG_8998 2.jpegIMG_8999 2.jpegIMG_9001 2.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Attachments

  • IMG_20240722_184026396~2.jpg
    IMG_20240722_184026396~2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240728_191805627~2.jpg
    IMG_20240728_191805627~2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 17
Thank you very much
I must have hit it somehow when I was trying to pull up on the platter, it was a little stiff. I have to stop being an "elephant in a china shop"
 
Back
Top Bottom