• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-560 Problems

danostuff

New Member
I recently purchased a Pioneer PL-560 turntable and everything works as it should except when I press "run" the arm goes over and sets down on the record, then lifts back up and goes back where it started and turns off. Any ideas what might be causing this? Any help would be appreciated
 
Register to hide this ad
any luck with the PL-560 fix?

I have a PL-560 that my dad owned, however, It has been in our attic for the past 5 years and it was in perfect working condition when we stored it. I recently moved and took the turntable with me, now it does the same auto-stop shortly after it's started.

I've searched the forums and haven't found a solution.
 
Mine is doing the same thing and I just picked it up as well...please share the info here for all to know how to deal with the issue
 
I hope we are talking about the silver one,
having the same problem. But only the first few times,
after a 4-5 trys the tt runs without any problem.

Try to find a solution by myself, but cant find a way to
get the bottom plate off the tt, i thinks it is hold by the
tonearm. (because i cant see anymore srews that would
hold the plate, unfortunately also cant find a way to
dissasemble the tonearm)

Maybe anyone knows the trick to dissasemble the tonearm ?

(Sorry for the bad english, i hope you understand what im trying to say?)
 
I've had two or three of these silver ones but never encountered any problems of that nature. The problem is probably stiffened grease on the automatic mechanism. That's what it turned out to be on a Technics SL-D3 I had.

The way into the PL-560 is through the top. Remove the platter, then the round black cover under the platter. You'll probably also need to remove the arm assembly by removing the Allen screws that hold it on.

John
 
Now i know the error, the "Cut" button or the parts it working with have
a problem, because the tt have the first few times the same behavior like
i always press the "Cut" button. All mechanics are working fine and needed
no more lubrication.

I cleaned all electric parts and switches inside with a approved cleaner
for electric boards, but no change....

Anyone knows something about that "Cut" mechnism and how it`s
working?
 
Back
Top Bottom