• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-570 turntable sold on eBay $1,075

ymarko

Super Member
Flagship PL-570 turntable sold on eBay last night $1,075 plus $75 shipping after multiple bids.

Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pioneer-PL-570-Record-Player-With-Shure-M97XE-/281869074310?

According to description, it's fully functional and nice-looking table, with normal wear & scratches on dust cover.

It should be not a surprise, considering that Sansui SR-838 was sold on eBay $1,035 the day before.

Both are flagship Pioneer and Sansui turntables of the Golden Era, both are heavy beasts, weight almost 30 lb, both are beautiful tables.
 
Register to hide this ad
I sold a perfect Scout here for 25 bucks more, no cartridge of course.

I can't think of any reason i'd pay more than a hundred bucks for a mass produced consumer grade Pioneer TT. Well OK, maybe a well preserved example with good cartridge.

I agree with the craziness comment, or possibly the shill. that amount of money is capable of buying so much more TT
 
Wow, I have one of those.. With the same exact cartridge on it.

Makes me consider unloading, but, nah, it matches my SX-1250 too nicely.
 
I had a PL530 that was in great condition that I put on eBay for a wild $600 price. Surely enough a person happily paid full price --- some times wild things happen.
 
Shill bidder it surely look like. Very common on eBay and seen in any type of auction, even old fashioned live ones where people will buy back their own stuff if they don't get the price they want.

I agree sometimes wild things happen but usually not.
 
I cannot come up with a reason to shill unless there is a hot buyer.

If the seller does global shipping, they may be tapping into a market that will pay.

I love my foreign buyers.
 
And they can be had for far less. Buyer only has 2 feedbacks? I doubt this guy gets paid, looks like a shill
Ive seen decent ones around $500, tbh. If the works are good, one can make an awesome plinth to suit… like Garrards, Rek-o-kut, etc
 
I had a PL530 that was in great condition that I put on eBay for a wild $600 price. Surely enough a person happily paid full price --- some times wild things happen.

Old post....I would take $600 in a flash for mine which is also in good condition. Cartridge? :dunno:
 
Back
Top Bottom