• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-61 anti-skate, again.

gary7

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a Pioneer PL-61 I restored. Love it, accept for the anti-skate issue. I hate to get rid of it. Now I can use a cart set at a higher VTF. I have a Shure M78C on it that I track at about 3g. The arm doesn't drift out, unless I lower the VTF. I know there is a replacement part. But as yet to find a thread that explains exactly how to install it. If anyone has a step by step, I would very much be appreciative of it.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a Pioneer PL-61 I restored. Love it, accept for the anti-skate issue. I hate to get rid of it. Now I can use a cart set at a higher VTF. I have a Shure M78C on it that I track at about 3g. The arm doesn't drift out, unless I lower the VTF. I know there is a replacement part. But as yet to find a thread that explains exactly how to install it. If anyone has a step by step, I would very much be appreciative of it.

The PL-61 is a top of the line turntable, the best Pioneer had to offer and a better one than subsequent TTs like the PL-71.

The PL-61 has an armboard, if you want to fully take advantage of such a fine turntable, replace the tonearm with a better tonearm. I would suggest a Rega tonearm.
 
The PL-61 is a top of the line turntable, the best Pioneer had to offer and a better one than subsequent TTs like the PL-71.

The PL-61 has an armboard, if you want to fully take advantage of such a fine turntable, replace the tonearm with a better tonearm. I would suggest a Rega tonearm.
I have considered that. But I prefer to keep my vintage tables stock, if I can.
 
Back
Top Bottom