• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-7 autoplay won't turn off

ursasmar

New Member
I was having an issue where the auto start stop wasn't working. I found instructions on here on how to manually get this working, basically rotating the platter myself until the tone arm moved in. This worked, and I thought great, time to try it. Plugged it in and the platter starts spinning right away and the tone arm moves in, drops, then instantly goes back, then repeats the process over and over again.

I can no longer manually play a record. The platter just spins non-stop, the tone arm moves in and out. Pressing the Start/Stop button has no effect.

Hoping someone can help me out with this
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
So I just tried rotating the platter counter clockwise, I heard a very faint click. I plugged the unit back in, and now the issue is resolved, manual play works, the tone arm isn't moving back and forth, but the autoplay is back to its old ways of not working.
 
Back
Top Bottom