• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL -A35 ground wire??

Grommit

Active Member
Can anyone tell me if the PL -A35 came with a ground wire please??

I bought one last yr , no ground wire fitted ,and it has always had a hum when playing LP's , so I thought about putting a ground wire from either the tonearm ground or somewhere !!
I see reference to ground wires on other peoples PL- A35 's , so why would mine not have one :scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
A quick search of pictures of this turntable on the auction site makes it look like it did indeed come with a ground wire.

If you have always had a hum, I would most definitely add a ground wire.
 
Sorry folk , senior moment time .
The table DOES have a ground wire and I have fitted it ,but had forgotten :no:
(I think I suspected a grounding hum last yr and had forgotten the grounding wire was attached )
Its a low background hum on playback of records but not when the arm is back on the rest !
What else might be giving that hum would it be the motor possibly?:scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom