• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL707 dust cover?

tlzook

New Member
I know there is someone out there with one of these. Trying to get back into vinyl and got this back from My mom's house, dust cover and hinges gone. I need to get inside dimensions of the dust cover so I can make a new one. Have laser engraving equipment where I work that can profile cut acrylic sheet. Then jig and glue up with some Weld-on. Any help would be greatly appreciated... SC
 
Register to hide this ad
The inside dimensions of mine measures 13 3/8" X 17 1/4". The height, if that matters, is 2 5/8" - if you're going to use a record clamp/weight, you may need to make it taller.
 
Last edited:
Thanks TOG, I'm pretty good with acrylic because of the laser engraving systems we use in our awards shop. 1newbe, Nice thing with a laser over a blade cut is that it melts/polishes the edge somewhat. Throw these numbers into our graphics software and let the laser cut up the pieces I need. I could let the laser cut the hinge holes but I'm going to try and create a hinge or just lift off and replace as needed. Framing/squaring it up to assemble and gluing is pretty easy with Weld-On. Just flows in and excess evaporates. Thanks again both of you... SC
 
Thanks TOG, I'm pretty good with acrylic because of the laser engraving systems we use in our awards shop. 1newbe, Nice thing with a laser over a blade cut is that it melts/polishes the edge somewhat. Throw these numbers into our graphics software and let the laser cut up the pieces I need. I could let the laser cut the hinge holes but I'm going to try and create a hinge or just lift off and replace as needed. Framing/squaring it up to assemble and gluing is pretty easy with Weld-On. Just flows in and excess evaporates. Thanks again both of you... SC

Please post some pictures when you have it done.

I am interested in learning more about the process. :music:
 
Please post some pictures when you have it done.

I am interested in learning more about the process. :music:

+1 I'm going to be making an interesting dustcover for my Empire 498 when I get a plinth built for it.

And exactly what type of plastic/acrylic are you using?
 
Back
Top Bottom