Anonky
Kenwood KR-9600 / Pioneer SX-950 / Sony STR-GX10ES
Hi all,
I have a qx-949 that plays music on both channels on all inputs; however, the left channel has persistent static noise. This occurs on all inputs. For what it may be worth, dc offset in right channel is rock solid at 2.5mV. Left channel was like 60mV. Considering this problem and looking at the manual, I honed in on the power amp assembly as the first place to rule out as where my problem. I measured dc at some easily accessible pins and got <10mV at all of them except pins 28 and 31 on one of the amp assemblies (seen on the foil side of the schematic). Each of which I was getting 60-80mV at any one time. Don’t know anything as to what these numbers mean but the discrepancy makes me think this board is where my problem lies. I’m not yet competent at interpreting schematics, but what components are likely culprits given this problem and the measurements at said pins? I’ve attached pictures of the top and foil side of this amp assembly. Any advice is appreciated. I have all day off tomorrow and would like to get some parts ordered. cheers!
I have a qx-949 that plays music on both channels on all inputs; however, the left channel has persistent static noise. This occurs on all inputs. For what it may be worth, dc offset in right channel is rock solid at 2.5mV. Left channel was like 60mV. Considering this problem and looking at the manual, I honed in on the power amp assembly as the first place to rule out as where my problem. I measured dc at some easily accessible pins and got <10mV at all of them except pins 28 and 31 on one of the amp assemblies (seen on the foil side of the schematic). Each of which I was getting 60-80mV at any one time. Don’t know anything as to what these numbers mean but the discrepancy makes me think this board is where my problem lies. I’m not yet competent at interpreting schematics, but what components are likely culprits given this problem and the measurements at said pins? I’ve attached pictures of the top and foil side of this amp assembly. Any advice is appreciated. I have all day off tomorrow and would like to get some parts ordered. cheers!