• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer RT 707 record problem

maxProview

Member
Hello,
I have a Pioneer RT 707 from years but in time it goes wrong ...
After some resarch and in my view the Mic Amplifier Assembly and the Playback Amplifier Assembly must be recap beause it is very noisy.
I've detected a new issue and I'm afraid! Now, when I record, I can hear the old sound a long way in the background!
Three possibility, the tape is too old (my tapes are not new), there is an electronic failure, or very bad news the erase head is in the end of is life ?
Do you have an opinion on that, or does anybody know what the issue is?
Thank you !
 
Register to hide this ad
A picture of the heads would help. Their are many known "noisy" transistors in the record and playback sections so this will make the playback quite noisy. It won't effect the erase however.

It is a good age and probably needs a re-cap at least around the power supply areas which might effect erase function. However, simplest of all, your erase head might just be dirty. Failing that your tape could be causing problems. Easiest things to do first are:

1. Clean the heads very thoroughly.

2. Try again with a known good tape.
 
Hello, i use isopropylique alcool for the head cleaning.
I have take some pics oh the heads.

Do you think the bias oscillator can be at fault? For you wath are the interesting point to check in priority around the power supply or other board for the erase function ?

I will buy a new tape RTM LPR 35 for a test.
very sad situation, i hope i can repair it !

Thank you !
 

Attachments

  • 20220703_234447.jpg
    20220703_234447.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220703_234422.jpg
    20220703_234422.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220703_234213.jpg
    20220703_234213.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220703_234204.jpg
    20220703_234204.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220703_234059.jpg
    20220703_234059.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220703_233618.jpg
    20220703_233618.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220703_233614.jpg
    20220703_233614.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 21
I will buy a new tape RTM LPR 35 for a test.

Sorry, I was waiting for you to get some new or known good tape to try the erase function again to help work out if there was a problem or not.

The heads to look worn, but not too bad. Too early to say what the problem is exactly. But it's unlikely to be terminal so don't worry!
 
Back
Top Bottom