• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SA-1480?

pinkestfloyd

New Member
I've recently found one of these on the local ad listing for $40/best offer. Can't really find any info on it. I might not have a real need for now with the size of my setup, but amps seem kind of hard to come by around here.
Big question: is it worth owning?


Second Q: when I purchased my Akai, the gentleman showed me one of his other receivers; it had chartreuse lighting and a joy-stick type control for the speaker channels. He said it was sort-of early surround.
What was this?

Thanks to all
 
Register to hide this ad
Maybe a SX-1280. I think they have their numbers mixed up. Pioneer never made any 80 series SA's. If that's the case that's a super deal.
 
I assumed the SA after some google searching, the ad simply lists it as a 1480. Guess that's what assuming makes.. So really I don't know the series.
 
Nope, that's not it. Just ignore me. Safe to say it is not one of the classic Pioneers, so you should probably pass if you don't really need something, BUT it may be a decent deal at $40 obo nonetheless if it is in fact some alternate version of the 1280 (which I think is crummy, but totally worth $40).
 
20170730_222918.jpg
Opened to clean, checked DC offset, then hooked to shop Polk speaks. This thing sounds great and has a TON power.
 
yes i have one,just got not long ago. It has lots of power and does sound good,doesnt take much volume knob to get loudddd.
 
Back
Top Bottom