• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

PIONEER SA - 810 VOLUME KNOB PROBLEM

Zilly

New Member
Hello
After cleaning my Pioneer AMP (With Japanese Contact cleaner) the volume knob became slightly screwed up



Check this Video to see it

If it's rolled all the way to the Max volume setting the sound comes out very nice and clear. If I start turning it down it goes very smooth and nice till it reaches 9 o clock position, then theres tiny tiny cracking noise and Volume jumps ONLY THROUGH THE RIGHT SPEAKER quiet loud and then I can fade from the loud one to quiet.

The knob is not rolling smooth at all You kind need to put a bit of energy on that one...

All the other knob make some sort of cracking when I put them up or down, right or left...
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK..

Sounds like the control is either still dirty or the carbon resistive pad is cracked. If the latter. Start looking for a parts unit. Some contact cleaners with solvents will dissolve and flush away the carbon pads and any lubricant's.
 
Welcome to AK..

Sounds like the control is either still dirty or the carbon resistive pad is cracked. If the latter. Start looking for a parts unit. Some contact cleaners with solvents will dissolve and flush away the carbon pads and any lubricant's.
Any special Lubricant I should purchase? I live in Japan

Part Number is asb-024-c but it seems theres nothing online to buy... Maybe I should by one more non working amp in Japan and just use the part...

Thank You
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom