• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pioneer SA-8800II schematics

Hello all: I’m not sure I’m doing this right, I would like to ask everyone if the schematics for a pioneer SA-8800II is the same one as the SA-8500II, I’m thinking I read that somewhere, anyway I can’t find a schematic for the 8800II that I just got, I can find them for the 8800 but not the 8800II
 
Register to hide this ad
I see you just joined today so welcome aboard and here's hoping you enjoy your time here.
 
Last edited:
Thanks to you guys for moving this to the right thread; and thanks to kwayde for the web site but this is for the 8500II and that was my question will it work for the 8800II ?? Thanks
 
So I’m guessing it will be the same? It does look exactly like the 8800II - I’m having some distortion in the left side that seem to come and go after the unit has played for a few hours, I’ve turned the tone and loudness switches off ( I use them with low volume ) I had read a thread somewhere that the problem may be in them.
 
According to the Pioneer Spec Bible, the SA-8800II is the 100 volt, Japanese market version of the SA-8500II.
 
Thank you xlbee, that explains it, I would never have figured that out. Thanks to all you guys it’s a big help I’ve been looking for a couple of day for an answer
 
I am curious, have you gotten to idle adjustment yet? If so, what values are you reading? I am finding as well as reading lots of posts of 30-50mv difference between each set on one channel and more than 20mv makes it impossible to work with, seems to be pretty common but have not seen anyone mention what their solve was besides replacing all the silicon on the board. Only silicon I changed was the known noisy/failure 798's to two 992's of the same hfe/vbe with component tester (no curve tracer). Then the three ele caps since I was already in there, I forgot to check the idle prior to work to see if that was already an issue or if the differential pair screwed with anything.
 
Sorry but I didn’t, and now I’m working on a 650, but I have it playing and it is one of the best sounding amps I’ve owned so it may be a while before I put it back on the bench. Good luck and let us know what you find
 
So can you convert the SA-8800ii 100 volt to a US 120 SA-8500ii just by swapping out the transformers?
 
Back
Top Bottom