• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pioneer SA7800 Transistors Shorting of one side channel with two resistors burn out

Shoaib17

New Member
Dear Sir
A few Months Before I imported Stereo Amplifier Pioneer SA7800, When I Started Using It, Its Suddenly Got Burn Something Inside and Stop Working, While I Open It to TroubleShoot I found two Transistor Got Short and two resistors got Burn Out,
I Replaced Two Resistors and Powered them on Again until they Burn Out, Then Replace Alternative Transistors as Actual Nos are Hard to Find, and Again Replaced two Resistors.
Power it On Again and Shorting and Burning got Repeated.
Please Help me Out to Find out the Reason for Shorting Transistors.
Availability of These two Transistors 2SA1075 and 2SC2525 and Along With Which Other Parts Need to be Replaced.
Please Help me Out Guys, I Love the Vintage Amplifiers and Gears,

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 825BB9B1-DBEE-4F99-9659-4B27A1E6ED88.jpeg
    825BB9B1-DBEE-4F99-9659-4B27A1E6ED88.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 5E05AB8D-2A53-4644-A785-5E290B5E0436.jpeg
    5E05AB8D-2A53-4644-A785-5E290B5E0436.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 89F44163-90DF-483F-8290-20869FA5CBB3.jpeg
    89F44163-90DF-483F-8290-20869FA5CBB3.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 28
  • E9C6181D-FAD3-4314-95F6-E18FC6B03733.jpeg
    E9C6181D-FAD3-4314-95F6-E18FC6B03733.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 27
Register to hide this ad
he burned up the 150 ohm 1/2 watt emitter resistors for the drivers, in a NSA amp. R58 & R60....

it is serious.
 
Hi
What should I do next. Please Help


get a computerized transistor tester, even a cheap $30 chineseium or (better) a Peak atlas DCA55.

learn how to navigate and identify component locations using the service manual.

get good at desoldering and resoldering components.

learn how to "drive" a dmm - for voltage (unit powered up) readings and for ohmmeter(unit powered DOWN!!!) readings
learn how the transistor tester reports good parts.

This is a NSA amp, a complex & unforgiving circuit. 100% test (out of circuit) every transistor and diode in the amp.
Look for burned resistors, but test EVERY resistor with one leg lifted out of the circuit.
Report back the parts numbers of each damaged component.
We (well, I probably) will figure out replacements.

SOME of the transistors (and especially the ones burning up the resistor) are hard to find replacements for.
The drivers are hard to find, they need to be 100 to 200 Megahertz parts..
you can use 4 megahertz parts, but distortion will be 0.03% instead of 0.003% (don't ask me how i know)

This will have to be repeated (100% testing) upon EVERY unsuccessful powering up of the unit
- you will find newly damaged by the test components.
So we endeavor to cover it ALL before applying power.... (to speed things up)

This is NOT a dig at a noobie, all (but the super experienced) do this.
 
Back
Top Bottom