• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer speakers ct cl

Register to hide this ad
Don't know the model.

But I'm pretty sure they're a recent vintage -- like from the last 12 or so years I think.
 
Tracked the model number down. CS-G304a. Anyone know this model?
 
Introduced in '97: Bass reflex with 12" woofers, 4.5" midrange and 2.5" tweeter. 6 ohms nominal. Pretty decent build quality (~45 pounds ea.) for a mass-market mid-fi speaker. Probably worth $15-$20 as a garage speaker. At $50, I'd pass. Vintage KLH or AR's they ain't.

Dave
 
Last edited:
I think these might actually be a speaker that got a good rating by Consumer Reports back in the day. Obviously that's not a noted audio publication, but getting a thumbs up from them is a fair indication that they're worth bothering with.
 
I think these might actually be a speaker that got a good rating by Consumer Reports back in the day. Obviously that's not a noted audio publication, but getting a thumbs up from them is a fair indication that they're worth bothering with.


I disagree.Those speakers are junk.
 
Gotta love it

Contacted seller on Friday and made arrangements to drop by after work today. Thought I'd make an offer consistent with relaximus' guidance.

Yesterday, seller emails me with the following:

"Hello! I was just wondering how serious you were about the speakers because I've just been made an offer of 60 for them and he wants to pick them up today. I'm going to go with him, unless you want to offer more."

My response:

"By all means take the offer. Thanks for the opportunity and wish the new owner well for me."

Today I received the following from the seller:

"Hi! The person who was supposed to pick up the speakers last night, never showed up so if you would still like to stop by today, I will be available for the most part."

My response:

"No thanks but good luck with the sale."

Seller may very well have gotten that $60 offer but my enthusiasm for acquiring these speakers (not particularly strong to begin with) has waned.
 
They were fishing for more money.

But they aren't speakers which are worth more than $50, so they are deluded.

Good for you not wasting any more time on this person.
 
Back
Top Bottom