• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer Spec- Brushed Aluminum or Stainless Steel?

Texas42

Well-Known Member
Which is it and what is the best way to remove stains, tarnish and/or pitting? I found some local gear I'd like to clean up and wondering the best way to work on the front face plates. Thanks for any insights....
 
Register to hide this ad
I assume you're talking about face plates here.

They are anodized aluminum. Scratches and pits...live with them. They cannot be removed without destroying the anodized coating, and it'll look 10x worse than before.

If it needs cleaning, I remove the face, wash with soap and water, then use light-duty rubbing compound (the white stuff) on it, followed by Meguiars car wax. That's about as nice as you can make it look.
 
I have had good luck with a warm water and dish soap soak followed by a thorough drying and a wipe-down with WD40. For the knobs I soak in the warm water and dish soap again and then use Windex and a toothbrush - they turn out fabulous.
 
I use sandpaper, steelwool and SOS pads to destroy BPC. it works well :D
Cheers .............. Maybe,
 
Back
Top Bottom