• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-1500TD loose connection somewhere help

davlovsky

New Member
Hello, I took a gamble on this receiver I found at the Goodwill. There are scuff marks, and it looks like it may have been dropped. I have a pair of CS-A700 currently hooked up to it.

Basically, it powers on, and will work intermittently. When you put some pressure on the top of the place where there is a scuff on the case (on the top, front left, along the aluminum front part), the sound comes back. Putting some pressure too on the bass knob also produces the same effect. And not only does the sound come back, but the left 1/5 of the tuner dial lights up, and you can see the 'AM/FM' green neon lettering.

So I think I managed to isolate at least the general vicinity of some kind of loose connection, but was wondering what the best way to troubleshoot this would be.
 
Register to hide this ad
I just did. Bunch of the SK44s were burnt out so I ordered new ones.
Sprayed some Deoxit on the knobs. Lightly moved the wires around a bit.
Reassembled and it seems to be better.

It definitely needs to be thoroughly cleaned though -maybe recapped. Just dunno if it's worth the time/money.
It's a decent 1000 W receiver though. Sound is OK.

I'll keep monitoring the situation and will post photographs if this problem starts cropping up again.
(Thanks for the reply.)
 
I just did. Bunch of the SK44s were burnt out so I ordered new ones.
Sprayed some Deoxit on the knobs. Lightly moved the wires around a bit.
Reassembled and it seems to be better.

It definitely needs to be thoroughly cleaned though -maybe recapped. Just dunno if it's worth the time/money.
It's a decent 1000 W receiver though. Sound is OK.

I'll keep monitoring the situation and will post photographs if this problem starts cropping up again.
(Thanks for the reply.)
You are welcome, and Welcome to Audiokarma.
 
Back
Top Bottom