tabpat
Member
Hello all,
I have a Pioneer SX-2500 that is giving me (us - if you include a local tech) fits. It plays well up until 1/4 volume, then goes into protection mode. It takes a few seconds and comes back. Now...if I pan only to the right channel, it will rattle the windows in my house. Powerful, deep rich sound as long as your hearing can tolerate it. However, if I pan only to the left...it cuts out again at 1/4 volume. This is a capacity coupled amp. The protection circuit is a strange little thing without relays. The bias has been checked and re-checked. All caps are new as well as many transistors. Everything seems like it should, but it seems like the left channel ends it's day at about 5 watts.
Any ideas?
I have a Pioneer SX-2500 that is giving me (us - if you include a local tech) fits. It plays well up until 1/4 volume, then goes into protection mode. It takes a few seconds and comes back. Now...if I pan only to the right channel, it will rattle the windows in my house. Powerful, deep rich sound as long as your hearing can tolerate it. However, if I pan only to the left...it cuts out again at 1/4 volume. This is a capacity coupled amp. The protection circuit is a strange little thing without relays. The bias has been checked and re-checked. All caps are new as well as many transistors. Everything seems like it should, but it seems like the left channel ends it's day at about 5 watts.
Any ideas?