klamsoss
Be willing to fail and try again.
I got this little 3600 at a garage sale and figured it would be a good little unit for MY garage when I'm working on the car or my bikes. Anyway, I cleaned it up, recapped it, and replaced the couple known noisy transistors (2SA 826s-->2SA992 and 2SA798 --> 2x 2SA992s), replaced a couple bulbs, and am generally happy but the stereo indicator light still isn't working. Never has.
It's a little incandescent job that hooks up to some part of the tuner that should feed voltage when a stereo signal is received. The posts the light hooks to give me 1.9VAC most of the time, 0VDC, but when I get to a spot on the dial where a strong stereo signal should be, the voltages both go a little haywire, but never stabilize. I don't know what to make of it.
I'm not great with understanding circuits from service manual schematics, so I'm hoping someone has had the same problem and is willing to share the knowledge with me.
It's a little incandescent job that hooks up to some part of the tuner that should feed voltage when a stereo signal is received. The posts the light hooks to give me 1.9VAC most of the time, 0VDC, but when I get to a spot on the dial where a strong stereo signal should be, the voltages both go a little haywire, but never stabilize. I don't know what to make of it.
I'm not great with understanding circuits from service manual schematics, so I'm hoping someone has had the same problem and is willing to share the knowledge with me.