• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-626 blowing fuses : replaced amp board caps, transistors and trimmers

@leesonic I have an SX-626 that is blowing the left channel fuse, right channel plays fine through headphones. I came across this thread and figured I would tack on to it and ask a few questions. First off, how can I check to see if my trimmer resistors are working? Second, does this look normal? IMG_2610.jpeg
Looks like that capacitor is somehow glued to that transistor. Never seen anything like it.
 
The pots outside legs are the total resistance and the center leg is the wiper. Measure ohms from one of each o/s legs to center wiper add them up it should be the same as the total. Those pots are open to the air and are very dirty.
As for the glue it could be from original assembly and was not cleaned up.
 
They might be "working" now, but that's no guarantee they will stay like that for long. As mentioned above, you can measure across the wiper to each outer legs, and the sum of these should equal the resistance of the trimmer. Chances are, the other channel went bad because a trimmer went open. I would replace them and replace the caps. Test all the transistors, and replace any bad ones, or maybe just replace them all.
 
I just took possession of a SX-626 and it's behaving very similarly to the units described here. PO said it needed new outputs transistors and supplied them with the unit. It powered up with pre am/amp jumpers intact and no fuses for the speakers. No signal passing to speakers or headphone. New speaker fuses OR intact jumpers blow the main fuse. If either is missing, the main fuse doesn't blow. I'm happing to install the new finals, but more concerned that the pots are the culprits. Will share updates as they develop.
 
I just took possession of a SX-626 and it's behaving very similarly to the units described here. PO said it needed new outputs transistors and supplied them with the unit. It powered up with pre am/amp jumpers intact and no fuses for the speakers. No signal passing to speakers or headphone. New speaker fuses OR intact jumpers blow the main fuse. If either is missing, the main fuse doesn't blow. I'm happing to install the new finals, but more concerned that the pots are the culprits. Will share updates as they develop.

It would be best for you to start your own thread.
 
Back
Top Bottom