• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-727 brackets

Gregg Tilles

New Member
So I just did a lamp replacement on a SX-727, when I removed the panel I found these two brackets loose inside the chassis, I didn't hear them drop but for the life of me I can't figure out where they were. AI gave me some ideas but I was hoping someone could show me with a picture where they go. Thanks!

sx727.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
So I just did a lamp replacement on a SX-727, when I removed the panel I found these two brackets loose inside the chassis, I didn't hear them drop but for the life of me I can't figure out where they were. AI gave me some ideas but I was hoping someone could show me with a picture where they go. Thanks!

View attachment 3849524
Those are transistor heatsinks.

Left pic shows them in place with the brittle plastic screws. Right side shows them replaced.

IMG_20260112_141935240.jpg
 
Bottom side, see towards the middle.
Your pic shows the mica insulators so be sure to use them or else the heatsinks will be charged and if they touch something
nearby they will short causing you more problems.

Using metal screws is fine, but you'll need a shoulder washer on each one to isolate the screw from the transistor.

Screenshot (1439).png


IMG_20220712_085021456.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks,
That makes total sense, I had recognized the mica insulators but since I hadn't removed any heatsinks I thought it was some weird Pioneer spacer or something that fell out after I removed the faceplate, even AI was telling me some crazy stuff about what it thought it was...and with confidence! Thanks again, I'm off to put them back on!
 
Thanks,
That makes total sense, I had recognized the mica insulators but since I hadn't removed any heatsinks I thought it was some weird Pioneer spacer or something that fell out after I removed the faceplate, even AI was telling me some crazy stuff about what it thought it was...and with confidence! Thanks again, I'm off to put them back on!
I avoid AI because it is wrong way too often. Best to ask here. There are many people willing to help.

Good luck with your project.
 
Last edited:
The second I saw those I recognized them, I have had the exact same issue with the SX-727 and 828. Glad we got it sorted out.
 
Back
Top Bottom