• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-737 BOM list

andr card

New Member
Hello, I just bought my Pioneer Sx-737 from CL, and I was curious to know if anyone had a recent (2021) BOM list that they recently used? I would like to rebuild this unit and get it up to specs. I heard great reviews of users recapping this unit and wish to do the same! I understand that some parts get discontinued and other become obsolete, I would like to try and avoid this hassle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 
Register to hide this ad
KSA1220A of any type backordered at mouser. See bottom of list. Everything else in stock. Had to make a few changes, namely the Cornell dublier films to Wima's and a couple of the 1uf 50V Nichicons. Everything else in stock. A few items low qty, so get your list in FAST!

647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1H102MHD
647-upw1h331mpd
647-upw1h331mpd
647-upw1h331mpd
647-UPW1V221MPD
647-upw1h221mpd
647-UPW1H101MPD
647-UPW1V221MPD
647-UPW1h220mdd
647-UPW1E101MED
647-UPW1H101MPD
512-KSC2073TU
512-KSC2383YTA
512-KSC2073TU
512-KSC2383YTA
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
512-1N5243B
512-1N5244B




539-168224J50C-F
539-168224J50C-F
647-upw1c331mpd
647-upw1c331mpd
647-UPW1H4R7MDD
647-UPW1E101MED
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC2383YTA
512-KSC2690AYS
653-LY2F-DC24


505-MKS2B033301A00JF
505-MKS2B033301A00JF
647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UPW1a220mdd
647-UPW1a220mdd
652-3386F-1-101LF
652-3386F-1-101LF
652-3296Y-1-103LF
652-3296Y-1-103LF
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC3503DSTU
512-KSC3503DSTU
512-KSC2690AYS
512-KSC2690AYS
512-KSA1220AYS (*)
512-KSA1220AYS (*)
863-MJ21194G
863-MJ21194G
863-MJ21193G
863-MJ21193G

505-MKS21/63/10T
505-MKS21/63/10T
647-UPW1E101MED
647-UPW1E101MED
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UKL1H2R2MDDANA
647-UKL1H2R2MDDANA
647-UPW1H101MPD
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA




647-UPW1V221MPD
MKS2-.47/63/5T
647-UPW1E221MPD
MKS2-.47/63/5T
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA


505-MKS21/63/10T
505-MKS21/63/10T
647-upw1c331mpd
647-upw1c331mpd
647-UKL1H3R3MDDANA
647-UKL1H3R3MDDANA
647-UPW1H101MPD
647-UPW1V221MPD
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA



647-UPW1H4R7MDD
647-UPW1H100MDD
505-MKS2B034701B00JS
647-UTT1H010MDD
505-MKS2C033301C00MI
598-SK010M063ST
505-MKS2B034701B00KO
505-MKS2B034701B00KO
505-MKS2B034701B00KO
647-UPW1H4R7MDD
647-UPW1H470MED
598-SK010M063ST
505-MKS2C031001A00MC
647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1E101MED
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU


(*) KSA1220AYS ZERO IN STOCK @ Mouser. Estimated Shipping dates
QTY DATE
748 25-Aug-21
24000 01-Sep-21

Digikey KSA1220AYS ZERO IN STOCK. UNKNOWN when will get more.
 
THANK YOU Larry!!!!

btw, with the 1220's MIA, this amp is slow and forgiving enough, so these subs for THIS amp only:
(i did dig in and do the engineering)

AWH033 q7 2sd357 512-KSC2690AYS to 512-ksc2073tu
AWH033 q8 2sc357 512-KSC2690AYS to 512-ksc2073tu
AWH033 q9 2sb527 512-KSA1220AYS to 512-ksa940tu
AWH033 q10 2sb527 512-KSA1220AYS to 512-ksa940tu

There might be concerns with their lower gain, especially at the higher wattage and lower impedance levels.


These have higher gain, but may not drive to the highest wattage, especially at 4 ohms.
512-ksa1013YBU
512-ksc2383OTA
or get too hot.

It's hard to say, Q7 & Q8 were those "in between" transistors and they weren't heat sinked.

IF you want to blast party music go with the a940 & C2073, if you run classical music mostly go with the A1013 & C2383.
 
KSA1220A of any type backordered at mouser. See bottom of list. Everything else in stock. Had to make a few changes, namely the Cornell dublier films to Wima's and a couple of the 1uf 50V Nichicons. Everything else in stock. A few items low qty, so get your list in FAST!

647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1H102MHD
647-upw1h331mpd
647-upw1h331mpd
647-upw1h331mpd
647-UPW1V221MPD
647-upw1h221mpd
647-UPW1H101MPD
647-UPW1V221MPD
647-UPW1h220mdd
647-UPW1E101MED
647-UPW1H101MPD
512-KSC2073TU
512-KSC2383YTA
512-KSC2073TU
512-KSC2383YTA
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
512-1N5243B
512-1N5244B




539-168224J50C-F
539-168224J50C-F
647-upw1c331mpd
647-upw1c331mpd
647-UPW1H4R7MDD
647-UPW1E101MED
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC2383YTA
512-KSC2690AYS
653-LY2F-DC24


505-MKS2B033301A00JF
505-MKS2B033301A00JF
647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UPW1a220mdd
647-UPW1a220mdd
652-3386F-1-101LF
652-3386F-1-101LF
652-3296Y-1-103LF
652-3296Y-1-103LF
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC3503DSTU
512-KSC3503DSTU
512-KSC2690AYS
512-KSC2690AYS
512-KSA1220AYS (*)
512-KSA1220AYS (*)
863-MJ21194G
863-MJ21194G
863-MJ21193G
863-MJ21193G

505-MKS21/63/10T
505-MKS21/63/10T
647-UPW1E101MED
647-UPW1E101MED
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UKL1H2R2MDDANA
647-UKL1H2R2MDDANA
647-UPW1H101MPD
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA




647-UPW1V221MPD
MKS2-.47/63/5T
647-UPW1E221MPD
MKS2-.47/63/5T
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA


505-MKS21/63/10T
505-MKS21/63/10T
647-upw1c331mpd
647-upw1c331mpd
647-UKL1H3R3MDDANA
647-UKL1H3R3MDDANA
647-UPW1H101MPD
647-UPW1V221MPD
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA



647-UPW1H4R7MDD
647-UPW1H100MDD
505-MKS2B034701B00JS
647-UTT1H010MDD
505-MKS2C033301C00MI
598-SK010M063ST
505-MKS2B034701B00KO
505-MKS2B034701B00KO
505-MKS2B034701B00KO
647-UPW1H4R7MDD
647-UPW1H470MED
598-SK010M063ST
505-MKS2C031001A00MC
647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1E101MED
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU


(*) KSA1220AYS ZERO IN STOCK @ Mouser. Estimated Shipping dates
QTY DATE
748 25-Aug-21
24000 01-Sep-21

Digikey KSA1220AYS ZERO IN STOCK. UNKNOWN when will get more.
Larry, Thanks!......... I loaded the list onto MOUSER and created a BOM list, however some items are on backorder. Unfortunately I will have to wait a little to get the entire list.
 
I would like to replace the filter caps on my sx-737, the original ones are 6800uf 50v. Which do you recommend I should replace them with? I uploaded a picture of them.
 

Attachments

  • Filter caps.jpg
    Filter caps.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 18
Leave these to absolute last, and only if needed to replace due to hum. Mine are still originals. Hard to find a reasonably priced cap of value and voltage with the size constraints it has.

10000uf 63v You'll need to measure Diameter and Length. NOTE: New caps of a larger value, are smaller in size than originals. So you'll have to use something to shim them in the clamps. Door weatherstripping 3/8" thick up to 1/2" thick works pretty good. Or open up the original can's, gut the interior, and install the new caps in the old can. https://www.mouser.com/Passive-Comp...-Leaded/_/N-75hqw?Keyword=10000uf+63v&FS=True

Mouser has 3-4 that might fit, but at $12.-$18. each it's starting to get pricy. Personally I'd go for the Nichicon LKG series over the KEMET's. Just a personal preference for Nichicon's. Others may have had good results with Kemets.....(in other words, if it ain't broke...............) .
 
KSA1220A of any type backordered at mouser. See bottom of list. Everything else in stock. Had to make a few changes, namely the Cornell dublier films to Wima's and a couple of the 1uf 50V Nichicons. Everything else in stock. A few items low qty, so get your list in FAST!

647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1H102MHD
647-upw1h331mpd
647-upw1h331mpd
647-upw1h331mpd
647-UPW1V221MPD
647-upw1h221mpd
647-UPW1H101MPD
647-UPW1V221MPD
647-UPW1h220mdd
647-UPW1E101MED
647-UPW1H101MPD
512-KSC2073TU
512-KSC2383YTA
512-KSC2073TU
512-KSC2383YTA
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
750-1N5404T-G
512-1N5243B
512-1N5244B




539-168224J50C-F
539-168224J50C-F
647-upw1c331mpd
647-upw1c331mpd
647-UPW1H4R7MDD
647-UPW1E101MED
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC2383YTA
512-KSC2690AYS
653-LY2F-DC24


505-MKS2B033301A00JF
505-MKS2B033301A00JF
647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UPW1a220mdd
647-UPW1a220mdd
652-3386F-1-101LF
652-3386F-1-101LF
652-3296Y-1-103LF
652-3296Y-1-103LF
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC3503DSTU
512-KSC3503DSTU
512-KSC2690AYS
512-KSC2690AYS
512-KSA1220AYS (*)
512-KSA1220AYS (*)
863-MJ21194G
863-MJ21194G
863-MJ21193G
863-MJ21193G

505-MKS21/63/10T
505-MKS21/63/10T
647-UPW1E101MED
647-UPW1E101MED
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UKL1H4R7KDDANA
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UPW1H470MED
647-UKL1H2R2MDDANA
647-UKL1H2R2MDDANA
647-UPW1H101MPD
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA




647-UPW1V221MPD
MKS2-.47/63/5T
647-UPW1E221MPD
MKS2-.47/63/5T
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA


505-MKS21/63/10T
505-MKS21/63/10T
647-upw1c331mpd
647-upw1c331mpd
647-UKL1H3R3MDDANA
647-UKL1H3R3MDDANA
647-UPW1H101MPD
647-UPW1V221MPD
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA
512-KSC1845FTA



647-UPW1H4R7MDD
647-UPW1H100MDD
505-MKS2B034701B00JS
647-UTT1H010MDD
505-MKS2C033301C00MI
598-SK010M063ST
505-MKS2B034701B00KO
505-MKS2B034701B00KO
505-MKS2B034701B00KO
647-UPW1H4R7MDD
647-UPW1H470MED
598-SK010M063ST
505-MKS2C031001A00MC
647-UPW1E221MPD
647-UPW1E101MED
512-KSA992FBU
512-KSA992FBU


(*) KSA1220AYS ZERO IN STOCK @ Mouser. Estimated Shipping dates
QTY DATE
748 25-Aug-21
24000 01-Sep-21

Digikey KSA1220AYS ZERO IN STOCK. UNKNOWN when will get more.
Larry, I am building a BOM list for the parts list you sent me. I decided to start with AWF-057 (power supply), and I noticed that some of the capacitors in your list have a higher voltage then the original capacitors which are in the receiver. Was this done intentional?
 
Hello everyone, I'm a little confused about the BOM list for the pioneer sx-737 listed in this thread. I noticed that the BOM list for AWF-057 (Power Supply) has capacitors which are not even on the actual board, such as 25volts 100uF AEC-Q200.

The AWF-057 board does not have a 25v 100uf capacitor. Can anyone help me understand why the capacitors on the list do not 100% match those on the board?
 
In answer to post @1:55. Line voltages back then hovered about 115-117vac. Caps were, a lot of times based on circuit voltage which may be 1-2 volts lower than cap rated for. Today's line voltages go from 120 to 125 vac and as such stressing the original caps excessively. So we bump up the voltageon the cap so there is some headroom between the cap and the circuit voltage.

In answer to your 2:05 post. Look at the suffix on the board # ie: AWM-057 B. Which would be 2nd iteration. Pioneer DID NOT update service manuals so later iterations of boards may be slightly different and not use same parts. If there is a difference between the S.M. & the board, go with what's on the board. I'm out of town until Sun, no computer with schematics.
 
In answer to post @1:55. Line voltages back then hovered about 115-117vac. Caps were, a lot of times based on circuit voltage which may be 1-2 volts lower than cap rated for. Today's line voltages go from 120 to 125 vac and as such stressing the original caps excessively. So we bump up the voltageon the cap so there is some headroom between the cap and the circuit voltage.

In answer to your 2:05 post. Look at the suffix on the board # ie: AWM-057 B. Which would be 2nd iteration. Pioneer DID NOT update service manuals so later iterations of boards may be slightly different and not use same parts. If there is a difference between the S.M. & the board, go with what's on the board. I'm out of town until Sun, no computer with schematics.
Larry, thanks for the reply. I noticed my board says AWF_057 "A". This means I have first generation? What exactly does that mean in terms of capacitor equivalence?
 
My math is off DAMMIT! Hanging around my grandkids and their common core crap too much. No suffix would be original iteration. A 2nd, B 3rd, C 4th etc. Compare the board drawing (note that the drawing is the solder side, NOT the component side.) with the board itself. Compare each part. If different, then go with value on board. If no part on board and schematic shows one, go with the board. If part on board and no part on schematic, go with the board. PIONEER made changes since the Service manual was produced in the prototype stage, but they almost never made updated manuals. The only unit I know of that has 2 DISTINCT Versions is the SX-626. Total revamp of the unit 1/2 way thru production cycle. So TWO different manuals.
 
Yeah. Adjust value and voltages to reflect todays voltages / new values since 1970. ie: for a 20uf use 22uf, 40uf use 47uf. As old caps had tolerance of up to +90% and -50%, the new values are good to go. 20% tolerance today is typical, although 10% and even 5% in caps are seen (usually with higher prices). Bump up the voltages 1 or 2 voltages. 6V can go to 16v or 25V, 25V to 35v or 50v, 50v to 63v, etc. The caps will perform better and last a bit longer if they aren't being run at the limit of their voltage rating.
 
Hello Everyone, I recently got my hands on a realistic receiver, and decided I would recap it for practice before I move onto my Pioneer sxs-737 rebuild project. The good news is, I ended recapping the entire receiver without any issues, and every thing works great.!

However, I noticed that when I bought the capacitors off of mouser, many of them were different colors. I have seen pictures from the rebuilds on this website, and have noticed that most people have the same color capacitors and do not tend to replace capacitors of different colors on the various circuits boards. Despite all the capacitors being NICHICON, they indeed did come in all different colors. Some were gold, blue, black, and yellow.

Can someone explain why this was the case? I want to rebuild my Pioneer SX-737, however I want to make sure all the capacitors are the same colors and equal to those originally on the circuit board... Any help in this matter when be greatly appreciated!

The picture for example has the capacitors all the same colors, except for the smaller black ones.....
 

Attachments

  • caps.jpeg
    caps.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 18
Sorry, but I forgot to also mention.... I am planning to rebuild the power supply on my PIONEER SX-737. However, mouser is missing some parts which are currently not in stock. I have posted the parts and was curious to know if anyone knows what others parts can be used which are equal to those that are out of stock? Also, can someone help me determine which would be the replacement for the two big filter capacitors that are part of the power supply? I believe the original filter capacitors were 6800uf at 50v.

Below is a list of the parts which are correctly out of stock at mouser. I would l9ike to know if they can be replaced with other equal parts? or should I wait until mouser restocks these pieces?

Mouser #: 647-UPW1E221MPD
Mouser #: 647-UPW1H102MHD
Mouser #: 647-UPW1V221MPD
Mouser #: 647-UPW1V221MPD
Mouser #: 647-UPW1H220MDD
Mouser #: 647-UPW1E101MED
Mouser #: 512-KSC2383YTA
Mouser #: 512-KSC2383YTA
 
647-UPW1E221MPD1TA
647-UPW1H102MHD1CV
647-UPW1H220MDD1TA
647-UPW1V101MPDAZHTD (Bumped this up to 35v as only 6 units were left in 25v options)

You can bump up the voltage one or two steps as long as they don’t get too big physically for the spot they are mounted.

As far as the transistors go someone else will have to chime in on that one:thumbsup:
 
A lot of people on the pioneer forum use;
Nichicon
-UPW for the power supply path(dark brown with white writing)
-UKL for audio signal path(black with white writing)
-WIMA MKS2 for any of the caps up to 10uf(red film cap, looks like a box)

on my sx-838 I was able to use WIMA on all but two caps 10uf and smaller. I was not able to fit two of the 10uf between other components so used Nichicon instead.

As far as all the different color on your realistic rebuild.......
Nichicon probably has at least 50 different series of caps in many colors. A lot of them overlap each other so many different ones can work.
The ones I listed are proved to preform over and over by many members in the pioneer forum:)



Here is a pic from of my realistic amp showing the caps I listed......
 

Attachments

  • 3EDBD911-A064-4EC1-9F71-0F16F71B3AA2.jpeg
    3EDBD911-A064-4EC1-9F71-0F16F71B3AA2.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
As far as the big caps go(6800uf 50v).....
Can you measure the diameter and the height?
Also is there room for a taller cap?
 
The VX caps I just got are blue but axial.

Here is the Nichicon color scheme

Audio
KA Pearl Blue/Black
KZ Black/Gold
FG Gold/Black
KT Pearl Blue/Black
KW Black/Gold
FW Gold/Black
SW Gold/Black
MW Gold/Black
UQ Black on top of case
ES Green/Black
DB/GD Black/White

Special Equipment
AS Dark Brown/White
AQ Dark Brown/White
JB Black/White
TM Black/White
KL Black/White

High Reliability
PM Dark Brown/White
PW Dark Brown/White
TT Dark Brown/White
PA Dark Brown/White
HV Black/White
HD Black/White
HE Black/White
PJ Dark Brown/White
PS Dark Brown/White
TS Dark Brown/White
PV Dark Brown/White
PT Dark Brown/White
PZ Dark Brown/White
PH Dark Brown/White
PB Dark Brown/White
CA Dark Brown/White
CS Dark Brown/White
CY Dark Brown/White
PX Dark Brown/White
BT Blue/White
BW Blue/White
BX Black on top of case
BE Blue/White Axial

Standard
VK Black/White
VR Black/White
VC Black/White
VX PurpleBlue/White
VY Black/White
VZ Black/White
RS Black/White
RZ Black/White
RU Black/White
RY Black/White
VP Black/White
EP Black/White

Ultra-Miniature
MA Black/White
MP Black/White
MT Black/White
MF Dark Brown/White
MV Dark Brown/White
SA Black/White
SR Black/White
SP Black/White
ST Black/White
SV Dark Brown/Silver
SF Dark Brown/White

Large Can
LS Black/White
LG Black/White
GU Black/White
GN Black/White
GG Black/White
GL Black/White
GJ Black/White
GJ(15) Black/White
GY Black/White
GR Black/White
GX Black/White
GW Black/White
AK Black/White
AQ Black/White
AR Black/White
QS Black/White

Large Can Screw Terminals
NR Light Blue/Black
NX Black/White
NK Black/White
NC Black/White
QR Dark Brown/White
NY Black/White
NT Black/White
NU Black/White

Large Can for Audio
KG Black/Gold
KS Black/Silver
KX Black/Gold

check this out......
 
Back
Top Bottom