• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-780 Output Transistors

phillyflyer

New Member
I have been listening to my sx-780 receiver when all of a sudden the output power transistors blew and now I need to replace them. My question is can only one blow and will it make both channels stop working? Or should I just replace both of them?
 
Register to hide this ad
So I decided to go the default way and bought new STK's. When I opened the bottom of the receiver I noticed there was a newer STK module and what looked like the original STK module. I went ahead and replaced just the older one. Afterwards I tried powering the unit up to see if you hear that wonderful 'click' sound and I did. The receiver now performs as it should. So when one STK module goes it takes out both channels per say. I would recommend replacing one, try it and then replace the other if necessary.

Thanks again for the member input for this issue. I definetly gained some knowledge and experience through it.
 
Back
Top Bottom