• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-780 STK -0050 IC

Bigears

Manager of my own day
My stack of SX-780's with one or both STK-0050's fried is piling up faster than I can find good originals. I've haven't followed SX-780 repair threads lately, what is the consensus on new modules? Are there any new devices that can be trusted? What about subs? Thanks :thmbsp:
 
Register to hide this ad
Bigears...how are ya'? STK0050's are still available. There are a couple of sellers that can be trusted. I recently bought a few 'power-packs' at Audiolab of Georgia. They work fine. The modules had bias circuitry and cost was reasonable......15$/per.
You have a whole 'stack'...........any multi-voltage sx780's in that stack?
 
Bigears...how are ya'? STK0050's are still available. There are a couple of sellers that can be trusted. I recently bought a few 'power-packs' at Audiolab of Georgia. They work fine. The modules had bias circuitry and cost was reasonable......15$/per.
You have a whole 'stack'...........any multi-voltage sx780's in that stack?

Hi Anders! Any new conquests as you tour the world looking for Monster Receivers? LOL:D. I just checked...none of my SX-780's are multivoltage, but I recently sold the home market version, SX-790 and that was multi. I will try Audiolab if nothing else comes up. I see so many STK-0050's that looks questionable. If you've had good success there, I'll try it. Thanks
 
+1

Although it bias pretty low but it still sound good. I used them in my 780 for the last few years without problems.

The question I have now is...any difference between the BDent or Audiolabs and the STK-0050 modules on the 'bay? It's not like the modules that BDent and Audiolab sell are really made by Sanyo? :scratch2:
 
Last edited:
all I know is the really knowledgable ones on this board, like MTF, recommend bdent. i just follow the leader.
 
One IC I'd stay away from is the one having the number on the top corner saying "4325". That to me is unlistenable at low volumes. It is underbiased.
The one that says "3261" is from BDent. That one is to me is listenable. It at least don't show crossover distortion like the other one does.

attachment.php
 
I recently bought a few 'power-packs' at Audiolab of Georgia. They work fine.

Today I put an Audiolab STK0050 ($15 plus $6 shipping) into a dead Kenwood KR-5010 and re-centered the DC offset to 0mV. It came back to life and sounds fine.

The left channel with the new STK sounds exactly like the right channel on the factory STK, to these ears.

The Audiolab STK0050 says "B9B07" on the front and "0050DCK4" on the heatsink side. I don't have equipment to run the receiver up to 50W and measure THD.
 
Back
Top Bottom