Mitchellk
New Member
Hello,
I am having an issue with a Pioneer sx-850. R38 and Q6 on the power amplifier assembly is running very hot. So hot you can't touch either within a couple of seconds of turning on the power to the unit. The radio was playing fine when I smelled smoke and found that VR3 had a burn spot when I pulled the cover. I have used the sx-850 recap lists to recap the power amplifier board and replaced the bias pots and recapped the power supply. I also replaced Q1,Q2,Q3, and Q4 on the amplifier board with KSA940TU and KSC2073TU.
I pulled R38 and it tested at 14.89 on my ohm reading.
This is my first time working on stereos, and would appreciate any help on how to repair this issue.
I am having an issue with a Pioneer sx-850. R38 and Q6 on the power amplifier assembly is running very hot. So hot you can't touch either within a couple of seconds of turning on the power to the unit. The radio was playing fine when I smelled smoke and found that VR3 had a burn spot when I pulled the cover. I have used the sx-850 recap lists to recap the power amplifier board and replaced the bias pots and recapped the power supply. I also replaced Q1,Q2,Q3, and Q4 on the amplifier board with KSA940TU and KSC2073TU.
I pulled R38 and it tested at 14.89 on my ohm reading.
This is my first time working on stereos, and would appreciate any help on how to repair this issue.