• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer SX-950 missing voltage in AWH-050

goblin11372

New Member
Hello
I'm trying to repair SX-950, replaced all the caps and the transistors which were recommended in this forum but I still have one issue-
Maybe it's lack of my knowledge (doing this kind of repair for the first time). I followed the diagram of power amplifier assembly for AWH-050 when checking the voltage and it looks like it's missing -49.5V on pin 15 and 30. I'm checking with the meter, attached - to the chassis and + to the pin- (15 or 30)-am I doing it correctly?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Found this equipment in the dumpster at my work, it had extensive damage on the power supply AWR-101 and AWH-050-see attachment
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3516.jpg
    DSCN3516.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN3517.jpg
    DSCN3517.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 27
Register to hide this ad
That -49V comes directly from the big PS caps, so if it's missing that would seem to indicate a busted wire or some dead rectifiers.

Check the voltage at the big caps.
 
Back
Top Bottom