rd48sec Active Member Jul 22, 2020 #1 I noticed there are no caps in the parts list for the tuner board. Why not re-cap the tuner board? Are there some caps not tot replace because of alignment? I have re-capped other tuner boards and did not have alignment/tuning problems. TIA
I noticed there are no caps in the parts list for the tuner board. Why not re-cap the tuner board? Are there some caps not tot replace because of alignment? I have re-capped other tuner boards and did not have alignment/tuning problems. TIA
R rkgren1 Super Member Jul 22, 2020 #2 I changed caps and transistors in my 950 tuner during a full rebuild and tuner performance improved noticeably.
I changed caps and transistors in my 950 tuner during a full rebuild and tuner performance improved noticeably.
MIJ_Pioneer Super Member Jul 23, 2020 #3 Tuner board has those light blue Sanyos, good to replace them. Here is a good list: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/project-sx-950.850960/#post-12282577
Tuner board has those light blue Sanyos, good to replace them. Here is a good list: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/project-sx-950.850960/#post-12282577