• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

pioneer sx6000 center speaker

Pioneeradept

New Member
I own a sx6000 and tried to hook up a center speaker. Non of my speakers worked. I'm a noob and dont know what i am doing wrong. I tried to connect with one tulip plug.Is there someone here who owns a sx6000 and uses a center speaker? The manual does not provide usefull information for me..
 
Register to hide this ad
if its like a sx9000 its supposed to be used with a separate power amp to provide 3d stereo.whatever that is. as such it will not drive a speaker by itself from what i understand. there's more about it but not much more in the 9000 sm surely its in the 6000 sm as well. its appears it requires a specific type of amp with a low pass filter
 
Thank you for your reply. I,m not sure if i understand your answer. I should hook up a amp to the rca at sx6000? The manual says nothing about such option. Confuzing but I just want everything to work on this beautifull receiver. Sorry for my poor english btw. I live in the Netherlands so im not a native speaker.
 
well i just looked in the user AND service manual and you are correct for the sx6000 they conveniently forgot to say anything about the center channel. they do in the sx9000 service manual and stipulate that the amp you use needs a low pass filter.but what model pioneer amp they would recommend was also left out. my 1500td has that same center channel rca jack,so i dug out that manual and it says for use in creating a "3d" stereo output using a center channel amplifier but in this case no mention of a low pass filter,however it did say that this output was left and right combined (monaural i guess).. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS A SOUND RECOMMENDATION FOR A CENTER CHANNEL AMP AND SPEAKER??? seems a few months back someone else was asking the same question as your self but i dont remember if it led anywhere.
 
.....however it did say that this output was left and right combined (monaural i guess)

Correct, mono, pre-out level. Requires an external amp to drive the "Center Channel"
See attached page from the SM-700 OM, highlighted description.
I've used this pre-out for a powered subwoofer in a little old school 2.1 before, works great that way
 

Attachments

Last edited:
I also own a sa800, is it possible to use this amp to power the centerspeaker? Stupid question perhaps but i'm not that technical.
Thanks for the reply's !
 
This is how it ended, I hooked up the sa 800 to the sx 6000 via the centerchanel. I used a subwoofer cable to do this. Put it in the aux and turned the volume on the sa 800 high. Connected a speaker to the sa800 who works as the centerspeaker now. Works great. I want to thank everbody who helped me with this problem. Took me a while to figure it out because my english isn't as good as is should be.
 
Back
Top Bottom