• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer TX-8500 II $60BIN

Register to hide this ad
dew042 said:
Nearly all the performance of the much loved TX-9500 II at a fraction of the price. About as nice a 4 gang tuner as you will find. If I did not have one already, I would jump on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-70s-Pio...734549227QQcategoryZ39789QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dew.

Wow, I'm really surprised it's still there... like you Dew, if I did not already have one... Shipping price is really fair as well. I'm pulling in stations on my TX-8500II from my basement better than any other tuner in the house !!! :thmbsp:
 
Thanks SO much for the tip off. I've been looking for this tuner for awhile waiting patiently. For that price, i'm also surprised it wasn't gone. It should be a great friend to my SA-8500 II. If it's as good as you guys insist and as i've heard, i will be one happy listener. Now the wait until it ships... :banana:
 
Dang....and I've got one sitting....

Seems like I need to get busy and post it......

Cheers,

David
 
<whew> I'm glad ya bought it... any longer and I would have had two of them !!! :nono:

Congrat's and welcome to AK Rommaster, your going to be in tuner bliss as soon as it is "married" with your matching SA-8500II !!! :thmbsp:
 
The 8500II is a good daily driver but some distance from the 9500 and 9500II I have had all of them. In my mind the best sounding one was the 9500 with the 9500II being slightly better for DXing and better for fine tuning.

I do agree that the 8500II is a fine tuner just not the TOTL. . . I would put an 8500II in my rack and not feel the least bit slighted. I think we listen to stronger stations anyway regardless which tuner we have and for the lower price that extra money would be well spent on amps etc. . .
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom