• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

PL-4 or PL-7 Service Manual?

ozmoid

Lunatic Member
Just checking to see if anyone has a service manual for the PL-4? The primary TT covered is the PL-7, and a list of others on the manual cover, including the PL-4.

The motor spins up "out of control", I'm afraid it will launch a record! The tone arm is way out of adjustment, the auto-on feature doesn't click until the arm is near the center of the table.

I can't figure out how to get the TT apart. The top shell comes loose easily (4 screws), but it is "trapped" by the tonearm assembly. Any info on how to accomplish opening the case would be appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Man! Talk about service! Ken had me the Owner's Manual within an hour of my first post! Ken man, you're great!

However, what I really need is the Service Manual. I really don't know where this TT is as far as Low-end or High-end of Pioneer's line, but I have a feeling it is kind of low on the totem pole, so to speak. I still think it would be a nice "starter" table for someone new to vintage, but I don't want to sink a lot of $$ into it. It is destined to be given away, if I can get it working.

Any and all help or info is appreciated!
 
Actually the trick is to get them back together. Remove the platter.
Remove the rubber plug and hex screw in the counterweight tube. Remove the 4 feet. Pull out the strain reliefs for the cords. Flip the top up.

The 33/45 switch will be black with oxide. Your job is to burnish it.
The reassembly trick is to hook the reject lever spring wire on the plastic tab. After the top is put back on and the screws installed, press the reject button. You will hear a sproing.
 
Back
Top Bottom