• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

PL-530 (new to me)

spok

Atmospheric Disturbance
I probably paid too much for it but being its mint, in its original box with all accompanying paperwork (including the warranty card) comes with a very nice Stanton 681 EEE, I was very happy to see it arrive today. short of the seller using packing tape to secure the dustcover, he did fully dismantle and properly pack for shipping the table and I can't be happier.

for me, its a big step up from the 518 i've been using. the 518 was damaged in shipping and only had an average cartidge. I'm so happy!!!

pics

DSCF8941.jpg


DSCF8942.jpg


DSCF8943.jpg


DSCF8944.jpg


DSCF8945.jpg


DSCF8946.jpg


DSCF8947.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
well

the speed control was a bit touchy and it was unable to hold and maintain a constant speed. Deoxit to the rescue, I got a good blast of it to both pots and speed selection knobs and low and behold its tracking perfectly again holding steady rpm's

can't underestimate the value of dexoit.
 
WOW, you got that quick, that auction just ended on the 5th! She really looks like a beauty! It was actually a local pick up for me (Jordan, Minnesota), but I already have a couple of mint PL-530s. So, how are you liking it so far? I've got one sitting in my famaly room that I'm going to be putting in my son's system this weekend. He's got a few albums that need to be played. :yes:

I've noticed Pioneer turntables in general have been going very cheap lately. I just bought a nice PL-117 w/box, manual and cartridge for $22.27 plus shipping, also bought a mint PL-71, no cartridge, for $125, and lastly, bought a mint PL-630 for $255 plus shipping that had all the paperwork, locking screws, 45 adapter, etc.

Here are the auction notes for that PL-630:

"THIS TABLE IS PIONEERS FINEST. IT OPERATES PERFECTLY. IT HAS BEEN SERVICED, LUBRICATED AND ADJUSTED PER FACTORY SPECS AND ALL FUNCTIONS WORK PERFECTLY. THE DUST COVER IS ALMOST MINT--- IT JUST HAS THE USUALL DUSTING SWIRL MARKS THAT YOU CAN SEE IF YOU REALLY LOOK HARD ENOUGH. THE COVER HIDGES ARE PERFECT. THE COVER WORKS PERFECTLY.ALL THE CORNERS OF THE BASE ARE PERFECT. NO NICKS, NO DINGS, NO DENTS, NO CORROSION ANYWHERE, NO MARKS, ONLY ONE VERY SMALL NICK BY THE ARM LIFT BUTTON. OTHER THAN THAT, THE TABLE IS MINT. ALL THE STICKERS AND IDENTIFICATION INFO ON THE REAR OF THE TABLE ARE PERFECT. THE CABLES ARE PERFECT. THE TONE ARM IS MINT. THE TABLE FEET ARE MINT

I WILL SHIP THE TABLE WITH THE TONEARM SECURED, THE PLATTER WILL BE REMOVED AND THE ORIGINAL SUSPENSION RETENTION SCREWS WILL BE IN PLACE PREVENTING ANY SHIPPING VIBRATION FROM DAMAGING THE SUSPENSION OF THE TABLE. THE COVER WILL BE REMOVED AND WRAPPED, THE PLATTER WILL BE REMOVED AND WRAPPED. I HAVE SHIPPED MANY TABLES AND I KNOW HOW TO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY. THIS WILL REQUIRE A VERY LARGE BOX AND ALOT OF PACKAGING MATERIAL. THIS CAN GET EXPENSIVE TO SHIP IT THIS WAY BUT YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR TABLE DAMAGED. IT WILL ARRIVE TO YOUR HOUSE IN UNMOLESTED CONDITION SO YOU CAN BID WITH CONFIDENCE. FROM A NO KIDS, NO PETS, NON SMOKING HOME. SEE MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR MORE PIONEER GEAR"

Makes me feel good to know that someone with turntable shipping experience will be sending me that PL-630. :thmbsp:

Can't wait to get all these and test them out.




Retro
 
WOW, you got that quick, that auction just ended on the 5th! She really looks like a beauty! It was actually a local pick up for me (Jordan, Minnesota), but I already have a couple of mint PL-530s. So, how are you liking it so far? I've got one sitting in my famaly room that I'm going to be putting in my son's system this weekend. He's got a few albums that need to be played. :yes:

I've noticed Pioneer turntables in general have been going very cheap lately. I just bought a nice PL-117 w/box, manual and cartridge for $22.27 plus shipping, also bought a mint PL-71, no cartridge, for $125, and lastly, bought a mint PL-630 for $255 plus shipping that had all the paperwork, locking screws, 45 adapter, etc.

Here are the auction notes for that PL-630:

"THIS TABLE IS PIONEERS FINEST. IT OPERATES PERFECTLY. IT HAS BEEN SERVICED, LUBRICATED AND ADJUSTED PER FACTORY SPECS AND ALL FUNCTIONS WORK PERFECTLY. THE DUST COVER IS ALMOST MINT--- IT JUST HAS THE USUALL DUSTING SWIRL MARKS THAT YOU CAN SEE IF YOU REALLY LOOK HARD ENOUGH. THE COVER HIDGES ARE PERFECT. THE COVER WORKS PERFECTLY.ALL THE CORNERS OF THE BASE ARE PERFECT. NO NICKS, NO DINGS, NO DENTS, NO CORROSION ANYWHERE, NO MARKS, ONLY ONE VERY SMALL NICK BY THE ARM LIFT BUTTON. OTHER THAN THAT, THE TABLE IS MINT. ALL THE STICKERS AND IDENTIFICATION INFO ON THE REAR OF THE TABLE ARE PERFECT. THE CABLES ARE PERFECT. THE TONE ARM IS MINT. THE TABLE FEET ARE MINT

I WILL SHIP THE TABLE WITH THE TONEARM SECURED, THE PLATTER WILL BE REMOVED AND THE ORIGINAL SUSPENSION RETENTION SCREWS WILL BE IN PLACE PREVENTING ANY SHIPPING VIBRATION FROM DAMAGING THE SUSPENSION OF THE TABLE. THE COVER WILL BE REMOVED AND WRAPPED, THE PLATTER WILL BE REMOVED AND WRAPPED. I HAVE SHIPPED MANY TABLES AND I KNOW HOW TO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY. THIS WILL REQUIRE A VERY LARGE BOX AND ALOT OF PACKAGING MATERIAL. THIS CAN GET EXPENSIVE TO SHIP IT THIS WAY BUT YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR TABLE DAMAGED. IT WILL ARRIVE TO YOUR HOUSE IN UNMOLESTED CONDITION SO YOU CAN BID WITH CONFIDENCE. FROM A NO KIDS, NO PETS, NON SMOKING HOME. SEE MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR MORE PIONEER GEAR"

Makes me feel good to know that someone with turntable shipping experience will be sending me that PL-630. :thmbsp:

Can't wait to get all these and test them out.




Retro

Yeah, it came quite quick. I was worried as of this morning i had not yet received a shipping notice, then when the postlady rang the bell carying a large box I was exicted.

I'm very happy with it so far. like i've said the stanton cartridge is far superior to anything I've used before.
 
Very nice score Spok. BTW, haven't seen you around on the forums much.
Enjoy. That is one nice TT.

I've been away for a bit. my other hobby is my motorcycles and with such a short riding season in the PNW, i have to ride as much as I can. now that the cruddy weather has set in, i'm going back to the stereo hobby to occupy my time.
 
I like the bit about "IT OPERATES PERFECTLY. IT HAS BEEN SERVICED, LUBRICATED AND ADJUSTED PER FACTORY SPECS AND ALL FUNCTIONS WORK PERFECTLY.

Funny you had to give it a hit with deoxit. :D

But still a nice turntable :yes:
 
I like the bit about "IT OPERATES PERFECTLY. IT HAS BEEN SERVICED, LUBRICATED AND ADJUSTED PER FACTORY SPECS AND ALL FUNCTIONS WORK PERFECTLY.

Funny you had to give it a hit with deoxit. :D

But still a nice turntable :yes:

no, that was the writeup on Retro's 630 not my 530

I personally wouldn't mind sending this in to be serviced and whatnot. I really is a joy to have. the old beatup 518, tho at one time was probably a great table, just doesn't deliver the crisp clean sound and i've noticed I can drive more volume now without hearing feedback or rumble....

i'm happy
 
Nice table

Very nice TT I must say indeed:music: Hey Retro, I almost went for that 630 on the Bay but a Quick look at other Pioneer's selling during that time I ran across a Pl-560 and went with the larger pitch meter instead. I hope you got a good deal because my last look, It was around $250.
 
Yep, that PL-630 went for $255 plus shipping. Showed up today and it is pristine. Looks like it was used very little. The reason I like the 600 series silver turntables is, they match the rest of my SPEC gear. I do have a few others though too, a couple of PL-530s, PL-50s, along with that PL-71 and PL-117 I just picked up. My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I directed her here: http://www.vpiindustries.com/products_165.htm

I'm hoping she takes the hint... :D



Retro
 
Back
Top Bottom