• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Play doesn't work - FF and Rew do

WinstonSmi

New Member
I have a Technics Rs TR212 with some issues. Deck 1 is not an auto reverse deck. Play was working but it made a clicking noise. It no longer plays. Fast forward and rewind still work. Deck 2 is an auto reverse deck. Normal direction play made a clicking sound and now no longer works. Fast forward and rewind work. Reverse direction play still works with no clicking sound. Any ideas what happened? Belts still look great. The take up reel never moves when play is pressed. Capstan and pinch roller are working. Tape get pulled out but doesn't spool back up. Again, playing in auto reverse presents no problems. That works fine.
 
Register to hide this ad
This sucks. There's gotta be someone with these gears or reproductions of them. I have a pretty irrational attachment to this deck. It's the one I grew up listening to music on. I don't wanna buy a different one. Especially when it's in perfect condition other than one simple gear. I'm going to ask around some places and even contact Panasonic. I doubt it will get me anywhere but I'm gonna give it a shot. Wish I had a serious 3D printer. Seems there is a small market for these now.
 
Thanks for the reply. Good info. I may look into this route. Is there anyone on here that has repaired a Technics deck with one of these printed gears? Has it held up?
 
Back
Top Bottom