• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Please Identify This Cartridge!

ks77

New Member
Hello Friends,

My first post.
I replaced this particular cartridge on my TT with nothing on it apart from markings for L, R & ground connections. Didnot sound particularly bad. Please identify this cart. if possible.

Thanks & Regards,
Saket
 

Attachments

  • DSC01740.JPG
    DSC01740.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC01744.JPG
    DSC01744.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 43
Register to hide this ad
Thanks to all for the replies. Consensus looks like Tenorel / Goldring. I read that Tenorel carts. were sold by Goldring in their name often.
But how you guys are so sure about Shure stylus? Any particular trait of shure?
Thanks all for wonderful replies. Great job!!

Saket.
 
It resembles some Nagaoka moving-iron OEM jobs. This cartridge was apparently manufactured for Sony, Hitachi, and others, as well as Goldring. It's probably a clone of the Goldring G850, but the G850 would say "made in England" on the top, stamped into the metal, plus there'd be a big G logo, or its remains, somewhere on the body.

The stylus is most likely a Shure N91E. How do I know? I used to own one. Since the cartridge has a magnet in it and so does the stylus, the sound the combination produces ought to be interesting!
 
Back
Top Bottom