• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Polk Audio Monitor 5s - Good deal?

Register to hide this ad
I'd certainly grab 'em for that price (with or without stands, so, yeah, the stands are bonus!).

Note that they have the somewhat notorious "silver coil" SL2000 tweeters. Not a deal killer, but something you may wish to remediate anon.
 
Nothing at that price. The silver coil SL2000 has hump at around 13kHz but I won't spend another $100 to replace tweeters on them.
If it were SDA's may be.
You are using them for surrounds so no issue plus I've had over 15 pairs with SL2000 and they don't bother me.
 
...for most folks, yes, it's kind of sizzly.

That's the question "Mystery" was answering :-) His answer was a good one, in fact.
 
I swear when I posted that his whole reply was "Nothing at that price."... If not, I apologize. On a slight tangent, I really don't like when people post something on craigslist and then don't respond to emails.
 
Nice price on them! Some find the SL2000 to be sorta like toe nails on a chalkboard. But I find them to be fine. Although I have not heard the upgraded RDO tweeters yet either.
 
Sold my pair of 5jr's, smaller radiator, and really loved the tweeters.Let'em go for $75 after negotiating- with no stands, I was sorry to see them go.
BTW I have 3 other Polks with the same tweeter and 1 with the peerless and I prefer the sl2000.
 
I'll be really eager to compare them to my Monitor 7Cs. They've got the SL1000 tweeter, so an A/B test should be fairly revealing.
 
He still hasn't even responded to my email. I wish there was something else to do to reach him.

In all likelyhood, they probably sold... I wish people would actually take their ads down when that happened
 
Sometimes your reply is sent to the seller's "junk" folder. I have had responses after my third email before. If I see the item is still listed I figure it is still available.


He still hasn't even responded to my email. I wish there was something else to do to reach him.

In all likelyhood, they probably sold... I wish people would actually take their ads down when that happened
 
So what do you think I should do? Should I send another email? I already sent two, the second one to correct an error in the first one, about a day after. I don't want to piss him off by emailing him over and over. Should I try it from a different email, like a gmail account?
 
Back
Top Bottom