• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Polk Monitor 4s

Fast_Eddie

Upper-middle fi
Hi All,

I Bollyed a pair of Polk Monitor 4s today. I think it's a Bolly, anyhow- got them for $15. Looks like they go for about $100 on fee bay.

I hooked them up with great anticipation. I know they're the jr in the entry, but I've heard so many good things about the Polk Monitor series. Ross brought his Monitor 7s to our last get together and they sounded outstanding.

Well, I'm kind of dissapointed. They kind of sound like, you know, a pair of small speakers. They don't sound as good as the odd little Marantz speakers I have that are about the same size. Anyone else have this experience?

Take care,

Ed
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a set of 5's and am running a klipsch 8" sub with them...what a difference! I don't have the sub turned up much at all but it is just enough to really help out the midrange and tighten up the low end. The highs from your 4's should be comprable I think the tweeters are the same. So I would recommend trying a sub if you can.
 
The 4s did use a different (less expensive) tweeter than the rest of the Monitor series (5,7,10, etc.) with the same mid-woofer. They aren't quite in the same class as the larger passive radiator Monitors, but they still sound pretty good to me for a small ported 2 way system. $15 is a heck of a deal, they do usually go for $50-100 on eBay depending on condition and timing.
 
Back
Top Bottom