• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Polk RTA 12 Speakers

Register to hide this ad
I bought a pair of those for $20 with no grills 3 years ago, cabinets with vinyl in so-so shape. Peerless tweeters sounded good, bass was nice, but it lacked mids. I put on Al Stewart’s “Year of the Cat”, nice piano intro, good bass, but no fullness to his voice. Don’t understand why, it’s very similar in configuration to some Polk SDA 2A’s I have which sounded much more balanced (without the interconnect cable). Bottom line, the Polk RTA 12 speakers sounded nasal to me. I took them apart and put the components on a shelf. Of course this is all subjective.
 
These look nice...............they've been listed for a month

Thanks for posting this as I picked these up today! Nice guy and he knows his speakers. $200 as advertised and sound great so far!
 

Attachments

  • 9-5-19 006.JPG
    9-5-19 006.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 9-5-19 012.JPG
    9-5-19 012.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 38
DE2016A3-C398-4358-B071-9E14EE7471BD.jpeg Congrats! They look like they are in great shape! Interesting that tweeter is mounted vertically and on my 12c’s they are mounted horizontally.
 
Back
Top Bottom