• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Polk SDA SRS 2.3

Irocl98

Member
I’m having a dilemma. I’ve got a pair of Klipsch Rf-7’s that I’m really happy with but I came across a local sale of a pair of Polk SDA SRS 2.3’s. I remember seeing the ad for these as a teenager with them being as tall as Mathew Polk himself in his white lab coat. The speakers are in pristine condition but I’m wondering how much better will they really sound than my current RF-7’s. Anyone with experience on the Polks please chime in.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1134.png
    IMG_1134.png
    735 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1133.png
    IMG_1133.png
    425.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1132.png
    IMG_1132.png
    392.7 KB · Views: 25
Register to hide this ad
I've found myself preferring my 3.1TLs to any Klipsch I've had including forte and Cornwall ... Although to be fair I never ran them on tubes.

But your ears will like what your ears like. It may depend on the type of music and your amplification as well. You'll need a common ground amp to utilize them to their full SDA effect.

Also, the potential ceiling is high if you aren't afraid to tinker and mod them for improvements.

I'd suggest it's at the very least worth a listen if the seller will allow, and at the most a purchase because why not have both??
 
While I am lothe to recommend speakers since I only have my ears and acoustic space as a reference, I've always liked Polks and never particularly cared for Klipsch.
 
Nice; those are the more desirable tl version. If you have the space for them yes they're an upgrade to the klipsch. They need breathing room with 3' from sidewalls being vital for the sda soundstage.
 
A buddy of mine has a pair and I've listened to them many times, great sounding speakers. I've never listened to the Klipsch the OP mentions so I can't offer a comparison.

What I will offer is they shine with power so the question is what would you be running them with amplification wise?

Are you still rocking the Yammy?

..my Klipsch RF-7’s with DeanG crossovers and dampened horn really sound incredible.... I think the vintage Yamaha MX-600U amp is a great companion.

Also you might find this a worthwhile read

 
A buddy of mine has a pair and I've listened to them many times, great sounding speakers. I've never listened to the Klipsch the OP mentions so I can't offer a comparison.

What I will offer is they shine with power so the question is what would you be running them with amplification wise?

Are you still rocking the Yammy?



Also you might find this a worthwhile read

Thanks for the link- I still have the Yamaha but I might have to get an MX-1000 if I get the Polks
 
Back
Top Bottom