• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Positioning La Scalas

cyto

Super Member
I was curious as to how those of you that have La Scalas have them positioned in your listening spaces. Such as distance from walls and toe in. I experiment with mine quite a bit and don't leave them exactly in the same position for more than a month or so.

My room is 12' x 21' with the listening couch 15' from the front wall. The La Scalas are in the corners of the (short) front wall toed in so they "cross" right in front of the listening position.

There is a 60" TV between the La Scalas with my home theater reciever etc and my two channel amp/turntable/CD player are on the back wall. I have a switch to have the La Scalas run either off the receiver or the two channel amp.

I know it comes down to personal preference but I am curious about what other are doing.

What set up are you guys using? :D
 
Register to hide this ad
I typically had mine pointing directly at me.

Today, they're buried in the rear wall as back channels so they are pointing straight into the room. Gotta make compromises if I want things to fit.

BTW, my wife made the grill covers! :thmbsp:
 

Attachments

  • No grills.jpg
    No grills.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Grills 1.jpg
    Grills 1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 65
Good grief! LaScalas for rear channels. Makes one wonder what's up front.

Will have a LaScala between them as center (mated to the K510 horn and actively biamped as a 2-way)

attachment.php
 
My room is exactly the same size. When I had my LS, I had them in the corners of one of the 12 ft walls like you do. After a while, I pulled them out about 3 ft from the back wall. I didn't really notice much difference. For me, the main changes took place with different degrees of toe in and varying the distance I was sitting from the speakers, which may not be an option for you with a couch.
 
This is where I usually let the Klipsch owner know that ideal positioning for Klipsch heritage speakers is 1-2" further then the reach of the speaker cables but I'm doing my best to be s marginally better person for Lent...

:D
 
My Lascalas are in the corners, about 3-4" from the rear wall and toed in slightly just enough to point close to my sweet spot. They have been there for 5 years only moving them now and then to clean the dust bunnies.
 
This is where I usually let the Klipsch owner know that ideal positioning for Klipsch heritage speakers is 1-2" further then the reach of the speaker cables but I'm doing my best to be s marginally better person for Lent...

:D

You already know how I think they should be placed-- face down.

When I had LSs I placed them as close to the room corners as possible, they need as much boundary reinforcement as possible to get good tone. Problem is you might have to sacrifice imaging and soundstage in the interest of good tone. This problem is why some LS owners switch to Cornwalls--you can get good tone and good placement.
 
Last edited:
This is where I usually let the Klipsch owner know that ideal positioning for Klipsch heritage speakers is 1-2" further then the reach of the speaker cables but I'm doing my best to be s marginally better person for Lent...

:D
I am Refraining from my laughter publicly! :D
 
If you can get them on the 21' wall anywhere from 15' to 19' apart, toed in 20 - 45 degrees depending on seating. Then play with the distance from the wall. That's where I would start anyway... :thmbsp:



:D
 
Back
Top Bottom