• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Possible EV15 speaker build?

jwrauch

Super Member
Is anyone familiar with the EV15S or EV16S bookshelf speakers(difference being 10 inch or 12 inch woofers). I've gotten ahold of a set of Electrovoice 15 3 way crossovers and the 5 inch cone mids(made in Denmark) and the matching 2 inch cone tweeters.Thinking about doing a 12 inch 3 way bookshelf system as I've never owned a sealed 12 in bookshelf or small floor speaker. Are these mids and tweets worth buildind something around in the 1.5-2cu ft range.I've got some older EV 12s that might work with some crossover changes(8ohm to 4ohm). I gues I will do it as my main expense to start will be 3/4 inch plywood if I go with the 12s I already have. JOHN
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi John - I have a pair of the 16. Havent found much info on the web about them. Mine need new surrounds on the original woofers. I put some console pull replacements in them for now - don't sound to bad. Grills were nailed on so I couldn't inspect them at the thrift store - probably would have passed on another project - but do plan to refoam originals.
Robert
 
Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely do something with these as I have heard good things about Danish drivers. JR
 
Back
Top Bottom