RunOutGroove
Addicted Member
I have this little class D amp for use with my computer and it most ways it's really ideal. It has a built in DAC which sounds far better than the one in my iMac and the sound quality is very good, with more than enough power for the great little NHT SuperOne speakers that I'm using with it.
There's just one problem, since I got the thing the left channel doesn't work, unless I hard boot the thing by plugging in the power supply while holding the power button down (then it works in stereo). It probably doesn't draw that much power so I could just leave the thing on, except for the fact that if it's on long enough with the computer being on (or just in sleep mode) it'll send some really loud clicks through the speakers. All of this means that every time I want to listen to something on the computer, I have to do this hard boot type process, which I'm getting a bit tired of. So I'm thinking of getting some sort of replacement...
What can I get that might be roughly equivalent to this thing? I want something that's equally as powerful (I'm using real stereo speakers and not tiny computer ones) and has a built in DAC with a USB input (very important!). Also, I really don't want to spend much. If the only options are expensive, then I'll probably just live with this thing... that I bought on CL for just $40.
Alternatively, if anyone has any suggestions for repairing the unit, that would be great, but I posted about the same issue some time ago and it seemed like a dead end. With a microprocessor type of thing, there isn't much that's user friendly (particularly be someone like me without electronics skills) and contacting the company wasn't any help either (there's a bit of a language barrier there for one).
There's just one problem, since I got the thing the left channel doesn't work, unless I hard boot the thing by plugging in the power supply while holding the power button down (then it works in stereo). It probably doesn't draw that much power so I could just leave the thing on, except for the fact that if it's on long enough with the computer being on (or just in sleep mode) it'll send some really loud clicks through the speakers. All of this means that every time I want to listen to something on the computer, I have to do this hard boot type process, which I'm getting a bit tired of. So I'm thinking of getting some sort of replacement...
What can I get that might be roughly equivalent to this thing? I want something that's equally as powerful (I'm using real stereo speakers and not tiny computer ones) and has a built in DAC with a USB input (very important!). Also, I really don't want to spend much. If the only options are expensive, then I'll probably just live with this thing... that I bought on CL for just $40.
Alternatively, if anyone has any suggestions for repairing the unit, that would be great, but I posted about the same issue some time ago and it seemed like a dead end. With a microprocessor type of thing, there isn't much that's user friendly (particularly be someone like me without electronics skills) and contacting the company wasn't any help either (there's a bit of a language barrier there for one).