• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post Your Freecycle Scores / Finds

Sta-2600

Sorry guys it is a STA-2600 Realistic Receiver ... Here are some pics. It has been donated to a local thrift shop.
 

Attachments

  • STA-2600_sm_1.JPG
    STA-2600_sm_1.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 38
  • STA-2600_sm_2.JPG
    STA-2600_sm_2.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 20
  • STA-2600_sm_3.JPG
    STA-2600_sm_3.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 26
  • STA-2600-nudie_sm_1.JPG
    STA-2600-nudie_sm_1.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 24
  • STA-2600_Catalog.jpg
    STA-2600_Catalog.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 24
That Realistic sure is a looker. The power tranny sure looks small though. What did you think of it?

I didn't spend a whole lot of time with it ... just for testing, etc. and then just on some small bookshelf speakers (Paradigm 3SE Mini). Sounded just fine. Liked the added mid-range control.

Tuner pulled in as good as anything else I have had in the basement on the junky antenna I have at the moment.

Very solid construction - mostly metal - and yes I thought that, when compared to a lot of other mid / late 80's stuff out there, looks really good - not garish at all. Wood end panels are a real nice touch.

They had a series of similar models like this one in that time era.
 
got a fisher sa1000 and matching 400c(X?) preamp free on CL. i think that score used up all my free gear karma points for the rest of my life!
 
Sorry guys it is a STA-2600 Realistic Receiver ... Here are some pics. It has been donated to a local thrift shop.

when i was a teen i saved for months to buy one of those new. it blew up on me after the warranty expired. i had it fixed by tandy and then sold it with a pair of peavy's to a guy that listened to lots of rock.
 
I have never found anything unfortunately, the one in my area has more wanted ads then anything. That is fine but what people want is what blows my mind. Today there was a guy that had literally 30 wanteds on it everything from a new vacuum to a truck/van that was in good running condition. A couple weeks before Christmas someone wanted a PS3 or Xbox 360 for their kid because they told them santa would bring one and they in no way had the money for it. Maybe I just miss out, but I do get the daily digest and most of the stuff is old books(romance) and like I said the wants far out way the offers. I will keep my eyes open and maybe someday will score, and if there is something in the wants I can contribute, like food or clothing I will definitely do that. It is a cool idea, I have given some computer stuff away before, it saved me trip to the recycler and the guy was gonna make donor computers for those without.
 
It does vary quite a bit depending on the economy in your town.

Even if you rarely see stuff you want, it never hurts to post a WANTED now and then for whatever kind of gear you might be looking for (or records).

I have never heard of someone being rejected - actually I've been able to join groups all over the place, including some where relatives live, which I check online now and then to see if anything's showing up I can ask them to snag for me. I usually just right something upbeat and positive and they let me join.

We had a split here recently, one of the groups left Freecycle and is now Re-Use-It. I think it had something to do with Freecycle rules such as posting pets and animals, or perhaps other rules they found restrictive. The new group looks pretty much the same though as far as I can tell.
 
I've picked up"
Harmony H668 programmable remote w/lcd screen. Has USB cable to hook to the computer. just needed a little tweaking with a metal contact on the LCD screen. Works great.

Optimus-2 Speakers - sitting outside when I arrived. They had been there a while. Regardless, cloth surrounds - good for me. Outside of the speakers, not so good. I;m on the fence on what to do with them.

And just yesterday, a Fisher RS-2003 Reciever. just needed a little DeOxit. This unit is MINT minus one little ding on a knob. A great B-day gift from the Karma gods!!!

Hopefully there will be more finds in the future. I jsut got luck with this one as the guy is sick of people saying they want it then not showing up. I think he could tell I really wanted it. I have two units that need some servicing so this will enter the rotation. Link to some pics:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=287620
 
The only things on Freecycle in my area ( aside from the usual ) are broken
60" projection TVs. Yeah, I'll get right on that.
 
It's been a looonnnngg time since I've seen anything decent on freecycle. Fact I quit the list for a couple years. However, last week I picked up a pair of Akai SW-177 speakers in quite decent condition. 15-inch woofers. Trunk of my car was all speaker! Bit big for me. Tried them out and not really to my taste so I donated them to my local thrift shop. About a year ago I answered an ad from someone looking for speakers for their son .... passed along a set of Mirage.
 
Back
Top Bottom